Android Client | Turn on Wifi and GPS

DareDaEvil

Feb 14, 2012, 12:26:11 PM2/14/12
to Prey
Hey guys,

Nice piece of software and even open source. Its a good thought that
you guys made it open source.

I had an idea and I put in the software to enable wiffi and gps when
every prey gets enabled.I usually turn off wifi and gps to save
battery.

Thought this was a good idea and am sure others have this idea too so
i thought to share with you guys so that you can introduce this in
the future releases.

Thanks

BennyBeat

Feb 14, 2012, 7:10:39 PM2/14/12
to Prey
Hi DareDaEvil!
Google has restricted this option from Gingerbread (Android 2.3.3) or
higher to avoid bad uses from suspicious Apps. This is possible only
if you're Root but (at this moment) Prey doesn't allow Root
instructions since is not possible to test if works fine on all
devices with Root ('cause Android SDK limitations); Maybe in a (near)
future this feature will available (I hope soon)!!!

Cheers,
Benny ^_^"

Sudheer Reddy

Feb 15, 2012, 2:27:25 AM2/15/12
to prey-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello Benny,

Thanks for that reply.

julianabio...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2012, 11:59:03 AM2/15/12
to prey-s...@googlegroups.com
Estimados, como puedo desvincularme del foro? No quiero recibir mas msj, mi computador hace mas de un mes lo robaron, y tenia clave de acceso. Me dijeron que asi imposible apareciera. Gracias de todas maneras.
Feb 15, 2012, 12:11:15 PM2/15/12
to prey-s...@googlegroups.com
prey-securit...@googlegroups.com