Kafka Connection

Xiaojing Gong

Feb 5, 2016, 10:21:51 PM2/5/16
to Presto
I did the test of the Presto instruction for my aws Presto cluster.

Hive, Cassandra, Mysql connection are working. however, for Kafka , I have problems.

My kafka cluster are working:

kafka@ip-10-94-131-79 kafka_2.11-0.9.0.0]$ bin/kafka-topics.sh --list --zookeeper localhost:2181
TutorialTopic
__consumer_offsets
department
employee
employee_denormalized
orders
sales - marked for deletion
sparkfu
test
topic
tpch.customer
tpch.lineitem
tpch.nation
tpch.orders
tpch.part
tpch.partsupp
tpch.region
tpch.supplier

My Presto Configuration:

kafka.nodes=kafka-spark-cassandra-1:9092,kafka-spark-cassandra-2:9092,kafka-spark-cassandra-3:9092
kafka.table=tpch.customer,tpch.orders,tpch.lineitem,tpch.part,tpch.partsupp,tpch.supplier,tpch.nation,tpch.region
kafka.hide-internal-columns=false

Error message:

016-02-05T21:54:08.338-0500 ERROR main com.facebook.presto.server.PrestoServer Unable to create injector, see the following errors:

1) Configuration property 'kafka.table=tpch.customer,tpch.orders,tpch.lineitem,tpch.part,tpch.partsupp,tpch.supplier,tpch.nation,tpch.region' was not used
  at io.airlift.bootstrap.Bootstrap.lambda$initialize$2(Bootstrap.java:235)

1 error
com.google.inject.CreationException: Unable to create injector, see the following errors:

1) Configuration property 'kafka.table=tpch.customer,tpch.orders,tpch.lineitem,tpch.part,tpch.partsupp,tpch.supplier,tpch.nation,tpch.region' was not used
  at io.airlift.bootstrap.Bootstrap.lambda$initialize$2(Bootstrap.java:235)

1 error
at com.google.inject.internal.Errors.throwCreationExceptionIfErrorsExist(Errors.java:466)
at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.initializeStatically(InternalInjectorCreator.java:155)
at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.build(InternalInjectorCreator.java:107)
at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:96)
at io.airlift.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initialize(Bootstrap.java:242)
at com.facebook.presto.kafka.KafkaConnectorFactory.create(KafkaConnectorFactory.java:97)
at com.facebook.presto.connector.ConnectorManager.createConnector(ConnectorManager.java:301)

Anton Petrov

Feb 6, 2016, 7:50:29 AM2/6/16
to presto...@googlegroups.com
It looks like the third property in your kafka.properties is incorrect. According to https://prestodb.io/docs/current/connector/kafka-tutorial.html, it should be "kafka.table-names" instead of what you have, which is "kafka.table". Hope this helps!

Xiaojing Gong

Feb 6, 2016, 9:15:57 PM2/6/16
to Presto
Thank you so much. I was looking at https://prestodb.io/docs/current/connector/kafka.html

It gave me the misunderstanding.  it said . But now it is working. Thank you!!

kafka.table-names=table1,table2
kafka.nodes=host1:port,host2:port
connector.name=kafka