Journalist's parents killed in Lahore

1 view

Atif Butt

Jul 9, 2015, 8:18:49 AM7/9/15
to PressPakistan
Dawn Islamabad's staffer Hassan Belal Zaidi aka Mighty's parents, Dr Javed Zaidi and Mrs Kausar Zaidi, have been killed in Lahore. The dead bodies were found in their Model Town residence on Wednesday night.

According to police, a sharp-edged weapon was used to kill the couple. The couple's car is also missing.

Namaz e Janaza of the slain couple is going to be offered today at 1700 hours at Momineed Center, Near Fatima Memorial Hospital, Shadman I, Lahore.

--
Best,
Atif

Rehman Azhar

Jul 9, 2015, 8:27:41 AM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
Shocking news. Hard to believe. Thoughts and prayers for Hassan.

Rehman

Regards,

Rehman Azhar

Faisal Raza Khan

Jul 9, 2015, 8:50:19 AM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
Oh Allah Almighty, its extremely shocking news. My all prayers are for my brother Hassan. Oh, its really tragic... really.
---
Faisal Raza Khan,
Sr. Correspondent,
Foreign Policy, Diplomacy, UN, Science & Climate Affairs,
Daily Dunya (A Project of Dunya News Network)
Address:
Dunya Building,
11 - Muave Area,
Zero Point, G-7/1 - Islamabad.

Urooj Raza

Jul 9, 2015, 8:50:32 AM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com

This news is as shocking as saddend.  Our parents and families are not safe. I dnt know the exact details n nature of murders but it's indeed a brutal act. Pakistan is no more safe place for anyone anymore now.
I pray for the highest ranks in jannah for both the parents. Ameen

zamir...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2015, 9:11:30 AM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
This is very sad very sad. It appears there is no writ of government. One could killed anybody .
Allah bless their souls, but very sad.
*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

From: Faisal Raza Khan <faisal...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 17:45:19 +0500
Subject: Re: Journalist's parents killed in Lahore

Sohail Yusuf

Jul 9, 2015, 9:11:37 AM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
A very heartweeping situation for a great loss.

My prayers to ALLAH for grant  Jannah to the parents who are no more. Dua for Sabr for all the family members of the victims. Ameen.

Suhail Yusuf
Feature Editor
www.express.pk
Karachi
Pakistan

Iqbal Khattak

Jul 9, 2015, 9:11:58 AM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com

May Allah rest the departed souls in eternal peace. Ameen

Cause of murder determined?

Iqbal Khattak
PESHAWAR. Pakistan
Cell: 0333-910 91 44
Twitter: @khattak63

Fauzia Kasuri

Jul 9, 2015, 9:12:21 AM7/9/15
to Pakistan Press Google Group
Horrible news..very sorry. Condolences to Hassan Belal Zaidi and other family members...
Fauzia Kasuri

Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 17:24:29 +0500

Meena Menon

Jul 9, 2015, 9:17:01 AM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com

This is so shocking. My condolences to Mighty.
Meena

Meena Menon
9820052611

qurat...@idsp.org.pk

Jul 9, 2015, 9:17:13 AM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
Horribly shocking news, my heart goes out for Bilal Zaidi , my deepest condolence and may  his parents souls rest in peace .
Please we all need to do something for this madness going on in Pakistan.
Very sad and sorry,
With prayers
Quratul ain

Dr Quratul Ain Bakhteari
Founding Director
Institute for Development Studies and Practices (IDSP)

yashfeen zafeer

Jul 9, 2015, 9:21:25 AM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com

Deepest condolences with hassan sb.  Its a horrible news may Almighty give the family courage to bear this huge loss...
Yashfeen
PTV

Hira Nafees Shah

Jul 9, 2015, 10:15:56 AM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
It's shocking and terrible news. May they rest in peace and may Allah give
strength to the family members to deal with the loss. Hira Nafees Shah

Sent from my iPhone

Mian Abrar

Jul 9, 2015, 10:17:05 AM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
Tregic. May Allah rest the departed soul in eternal peace and grant courage and fortitude to Hasan Belal Zaidi and other members of bereaved family to bear the irreparable loss with equanimity. Amen

Rgds
Mian Abrar

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Jul 9, 2015, 11:15:02 AM7/9/15
to presspakistan
Tragic incident. Deepest condolences to Mighty.

Muhammad Luqman
Senior Reporter Samaa TV
2nd Floor, PEC Building, Liberty Roundabout, Gulberg , Lahore (Pakistan)
Cell:0345-8234278
0300-4858295
Office Phone: 042-35784365
Fax: 042-35755542
Tel: 042-35784365
email: muhamma...@samaa.tv
Twitter:@luqmansheikh
Facebook.com\Muhammad Luqman
Skype ID:mluqman339

Home Phone:042- 37159533

ish...@yahoo.com

Jul 9, 2015, 11:15:04 AM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
It is really a barbaric and shamefull act. The culprits must be caught and hanged. That is the only solution for such heinous crimes. Once it is done that will surely covey message to the rascals, nunge deen and nange insaniat. ALLAH curse on them.
Ishaq Rana
*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

From: S Mahrukh <s_ma...@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 19:11:04 +0500

Sajida Vandal

Jul 9, 2015, 11:15:44 AM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
Terrible madness. May the family find some way of coming to terms with this terrible loss.
In solidarity
Sajida Vandal

Sent from my iPhone

Habib Ghori

Jul 9, 2015, 12:57:21 PM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
Dear brother Bilal Hassan Zaidi - we all at the Dawn office in Karachi were shocked to go through the report of ghastly murder of your revered parent. This horrified tragedy, no doubt deserves strongest condemnation not only from journalist fraternity but the humanity at large. May Allah rest their soul in peace and give you and the family courage to over come this irreparable loss.

Habib Khan Ghori-i

Matiullah Jan

Jul 9, 2015, 12:57:56 PM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
Shocking and terrible news. May Allah give the family the courage to bear the loss. Heartfelt condolences to Hassan.

Matiullah Jan

nsir.malik

Jul 9, 2015, 3:01:29 PM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
It is shocking indeed. Wonder how & why humans turn into wild animals or is it the modern technology transforming them into insane robots!
It reminded me of Karachi case of Gulgee family! Like so many cases this will also go down unsolved.
May Allah bless the departed souls & grant fortitude to the bereaved. Amin!

Prof. Nsir Malik
Virginia, USA

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Dr. Farzana Bari

Jul 9, 2015, 3:01:29 PM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
How terrible! My heartfelt condolence.

Farzana Bari

Tausif Rehman

Jul 9, 2015, 3:02:13 PM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
THIS IS A VERY SHOCKING AND EXTREMELY SAD NEWS AND STRONGLY CONDEMNABLE. May their soul rest in peace and ALLAH ALMIGHTY give courage to the members of bereaved family to bear this huge loss. Heartfelt condolences to Hassan.

ONCE AGAIN REQUEST TO GOVT. TO MAKE STRINGENT MEASURE FOR THE PROTECTION OF JOURNALISTS AND SPECIALLY THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS. WE ARE FED-UP OF CONDOLENCES.

Tausif Ur Rehman
Editor Production
Monthly Economic Affairs
Islamabad
Cell 00923335536239

syed aziz

Jul 9, 2015, 3:36:36 PM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
It;s a brutal act by the criminals, Shahbaz Sharif's govt is a total failure. Civil society should come forwrad and launch a campaign against the rulers.
Sajid Aziz

Sabookh Syed

Jul 9, 2015, 6:41:08 PM7/9/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
My deepest condolence and may  his parents souls rest in peace. It is really a barbaric and shameful act

Sabookh Syed

Senior Correspondent
Bol News.
Street. 88, G6/3.
Islamabad Pakistan .
Cell   0092-300-5842249
saboo...@gmail.com
facebook sabookh syed
twitter SaboohSyed

Ishfaque Sajid

Jul 10, 2015, 2:21:34 AM7/10/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
It's a painful news for all journalists .I pray for Hassan's parents.Its a cruel act from the criminals.
Regds: Ishfaque sajid  Member FEC PFUJ
Sent from my iPhone

fajr....@yahoo.com

Jul 10, 2015, 2:22:02 AM7/10/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
Killing a journalist parent is cowardly act: shabash shareef should say good bye to Govt: new learned selfless non-business person must take over: our police is good spoiled by politicians: police must do their duties without fear of politicians just as UK police: May ALLAH blessed their soul in Jannat el Firdos: Ameen:

Husain Naqi

Jul 10, 2015, 5:16:09 AM7/10/15
to pakistan press, Husain Naqi
barbaric. the culprits must be hounded out and brought before law.
may hasan belal ziadi have courage to bear this great loss and may his parents' soul  live in eternal
peace.
husainnaqi

Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 21:52:43 +0500
To: PressP...@googlegroups.com

Wassim Naqvi

Jul 10, 2015, 5:16:28 AM7/10/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
Horrible News. My heartfelt condolences Hassan Belal Zaidi . May the departed soul rest in Heaven and
Almighty grants patience to the aggrieved family to bear this loss...
Ameen

(Wassim Naqvi)
Principal Staff Officer to:
Mr. Wasim Sajjad,
Former President of Pakistan/
Ex-Chairman Senate
Cell# 0334-5175223

fma...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2015, 5:17:25 AM7/10/15
to 'fajr.salah@yahoo.com' via PressPakistan - Journalist Network
This is gruesome and unbearable loss for Bilal Hassan. Cowered culprits are not just responsible of these murders but they have ruined life of our vivacious friend Bilal Hassan who is always full of life. May Allah give you  enough strength to bear this huge loss Mighty‎.
Fayyaz mangi

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
May hasan belal ziadi have courage to bear this great loss and may his parents' soul  live in eternal
peace.

sajid

Sajid Mansoor Qaisrani
Executive Director, Sungi Development Foundation
Chairperson, National Humanitarian Network, (NHN)
Member BoD, CHS Alliance, Geneva

zubair kasuri

Jul 10, 2015, 5:58:02 AM7/10/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
This is so shocking. My condolences to Mighty.
Regds zubair kasuri
03005226666

On Thursday, July 9, 2015, Atif Butt <atifk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dawn Islamabad's staffer Hassan Belal Zaidi aka Mighty's parents, Dr Javed Zaidi and Mrs Kausar Zaidi, have been killed in Lahore. The dead bodies were found in their Model Town residence on Wednesday night.

According to police, a sharp-edged weapon was used to kill the couple. The couple's car is also missing.

Namaz e Janaza of the slain couple is going to be offered today at 1700 hours at Momineed Center, Near Fatima Memorial Hospital, Shadman I, Lahore.

--
Best,
Atif

Regards,

Rehman Azhar

Regards,

Zubair Kasuri
Editor-in-Chief, Flare Magazine,
 FM 99 kasur/MixFm 100
+92-321-519-7777
www.flare.pk

Amina Masood Janjua

Jul 10, 2015, 7:22:22 AM7/10/15
to PressP...@googlegroups.com

We at Defence of Human Rights Pakistan are shocked and saddened by these most tragic news of the cold blooded murder of Hassan's parents in Lahore. May the departed souls rest in Heaven and
Almighty grants patience to the aggrieved family to bear this loss...!!!
Ameen
We stand with you in this great hour of trial and share your grief.

In complete solidarity,

Amina Masood Janjua, along with members and families of DHR