Error after bin/pio-start-all

Vihang Mirkhelkar

Apr 26, 2015, 7:35:33 PM4/26/15
to predicti...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Here are a list of errors I am getting after I hit the command pio-start-all
It says starting HBase and then it gives the following errors:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/elasticsearch/bootstrap/Elasticsearch : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/hadoop/hbase/util/HBaseConfTool : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/hadoop/hbase/zookeeper/ZKServerTool : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/hadoop/hbase/master/HMaster : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/HRegionServer : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

After that it shows the following:

Waiting 10 seconds for HBase to fully initialize...

Starting PredictionIO Event Server...

When I tried doing bin/pio status it:

ERROR] [Storage$] Error initializing storage client for source ELASTICSEARCH

[ERROR] [Storage$] org/elasticsearch/transport/ConnectTransportException : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Unable to connect to all storage backend(s) successfully. Please refer to error message(s) above. Aborting.

What is wrong in this. I did re-install it many times on Mac OS X Yosemite.

Kindly, help me  with this.

Thank-you.

Donald Szeto

Apr 26, 2015, 8:38:53 PM4/26/15
to predicti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

These errors are common if you only have Java 6 installed. You can verify your Java version by doing "java -version". If that's the case, please upgrade your Java to the latest version.

Regards,
Donald

Vihang Mirkhelkar

Apr 26, 2015, 8:56:35 PM4/26/15
to predicti...@googlegroups.com
Hello Donald Sir,
I have installed jre 8u45 right now. But when I type java -version from terminal it still shows
java version "1.6.0_65"
Am I doing something wrong ?
Kindly, help me with this as I have to show this in my school.

Thaking you.

Vihang Mirkhelkar

Apr 26, 2015, 9:12:28 PM4/26/15
to predicti...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sir,

Updated java version to 8 and yet it is giving the same error. Do I need to reinstall all dependencies ??

It is giving the following error:

Vihangs-MacBook-Air:~ vihangmirkhelkar$ java -version

java version "1.8.0_45"

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.45-b02, mixed mode)

Vihangs-MacBook-Air:~ vihangmirkhelkar$ cd PredictionIO/

Vihangs-MacBook-Air:PredictionIO vihangmirkhelkar$ bin/pio-start-all

Starting Elasticsearch...

Starting HBase...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/hadoop/hbase/util/HBaseConfTool : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

All other errors are the same.

Kindly, help me.

Thanking you.

Vihang Mirkhelkar

Apr 26, 2015, 9:20:07 PM4/26/15
to predicti...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sir,
I have installed java to new directory I guess. I created a link from old directory to new using the following command:
sudo ln -fs /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java /usr/bin/java

This was shown on Stackoverflow forum.
Do I need to install all dependencies again. Will the new path effect the re-installation?

Kindly, help me.

Donald Szeto

Apr 27, 2015, 1:34:20 PM4/27/15
to predicti...@googlegroups.com
Have you restarted your Terminal session after installing Java 8 (from Oracle)? You shouldn't need to do anything extra to make it effective.

Regards,
Donald

Donald Szeto

Apr 27, 2015, 4:22:41 PM4/27/15
to Vihang Mirkhelkar, predicti...@googlegroups.com
(Copying back to the mailing list.)

Take a look at the file /Users/vihangmirkhelkar/PredictionIO/vendors/hbase-1.0.0/conf/hbase-env.sh. There should be a line where it sets the JAVA_HOME environmental variable. From your installation log it is pointing to Java 6. Please change it to point to Java 8 and try again.

Unless you have a need of Java 6, it is recommended that it be uninstalled because it is not supported by Oracle anymore.

Regards,
Donald

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 12:48 PM, Vihang Mirkhelkar <vihangmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Sir,
I have used the common bin/pio-start-all after restarting the terminal. I have attached the following errors using a screen shot. Kindly, let me know what you make of it.
Please help me as I am confused.

Thanking you.
Vihang Mirkhelkar.

Donald Szeto

Apr 27, 2015, 6:36:25 PM4/27/15
to Vihang Mirkhelkar, predicti...@googlegroups.com
Please use reply all so that the mailing list is copied and the community could benefit from the solution.

It looks like you are on a Mac system. You can get the correct path by doing "/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8" in the terminal. Java applet plugin is not a full JRE/JDK and will not work.

Regards,
Donald

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 3:32 PM, Vihang Mirkhelkar <vihangmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Donald Sir,
I went into system preferences and in java control panel I came across this path :
/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java
Is this the path I need JAVA HOME to be pointing it to ?

Kindly, help me.

Thanking you.
Vihang Mirkhelkar.

Vihang Mirkhelkar

Apr 27, 2015, 7:00:47 PM4/27/15
to Donald Szeto, predicti...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sir,
I have found Environment Variables at that location. I have attached a screenshot. Kindly let me know what path to give as I am unable to find path for JAVA 8.

Donald Szeto

Apr 27, 2015, 7:04:12 PM4/27/15
to predicti...@googlegroups.com
Did the command "/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8" not showing anything?

Vihang Mirkhelkar

Apr 27, 2015, 7:20:16 PM4/27/15
to Donald Szeto, predicti...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sir,
It displays the following:
Vihangs-MacBook-Air:~ vihangmirkhelkar$ /usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8
Unable to find any JVMs matching version "1.8".
No Java runtime present, try --request to install.

Kindly, help me.
Thanking you.
Vihang Mirkhelkar.

Vihang Mirkhelkar

Apr 27, 2015, 7:45:45 PM4/27/15
to Donald Szeto, predicti...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sir,
I found the symbolic link of JAVA.
I went to /usr/bin/java

I did ls -l which java

Vihangs-MacBook-Air:bin vihangmirkhelkar$ ls -l which java
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel     73 Apr 26 18:08 java -> /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  14496 Sep  9  2014 which
Vihangs-MacBook-Air:bin vihangmirkhelkar$

I found the following symbolic link.

Kindly, help me set the environment variables.

Thanking you.
Vihang Mirkhelkar

Donald Szeto

Apr 27, 2015, 7:47:43 PM4/27/15
to predicti...@googlegroups.com
Please make sure you are installing the latest JDK 8 from this link: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html and try /usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8 again.

Regards,
Donald

Vihang Mirkhelkar

Apr 27, 2015, 7:54:21 PM4/27/15
to Donald Szeto, predicti...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sir,
Installed it from the above link and I got the following :
Vihangs-MacBook-Air:~ vihangmirkhelkar$ /usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home
Vihangs-MacBook-Air:~ vihangmirkhelkar$

Now, what next should I do.

Donald Szeto

Apr 27, 2015, 7:55:33 PM4/27/15
to predicti...@googlegroups.com, don...@prediction.io
You have gotten exactly what you need. Just paste this value to replace the current value of JAVA_HOME in hbase-env.sh and you should be good to go.

Vihang Mirkhelkar

Apr 27, 2015, 8:01:25 PM4/27/15
to Donald Szeto, predicti...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sir,
It worked!!. I am extremely sorry to bother you so many times. I hope the following is the expected output.

Vihangs-MacBook-Air:PredictionIO vihangmirkhelkar$ bin/pio-start-all
Starting Elasticsearch...
Starting HBase...
starting master, logging to /Users/vihangmirkhelkar/PredictionIO/vendors/hbase-1.0.0/bin/../logs/hbase-vihangmirkhelkar-master-Vihangs-MacBook-Air.local.out
Waiting 10 seconds for HBase to fully initialize...
Starting PredictionIO Event Server...
Vihangs-MacBook-Air:PredictionIO vihangmirkhelkar$

Sorry to bother you.

Thank you so much!

Thanking you.
Vihang Mirkhelkar.

Vihang Mirkhelkar

Apr 28, 2015, 4:46:37 PM4/28/15
to Donald Szeto, predicti...@googlegroups.com

Hello Sir,
I have encountered an error in the zookeeper when I ran bin/pio status. I go the following error:
Vihangs-MacBook-Air:PredictionIO vihangmirkhelkar$ bin/pio status
PredictionIO
  Installed at: /Users/vihangmirkhelkar/PredictionIO
  Version: 0.9.2

Apache Spark
  Installed at: /Users/vihangmirkhelkar/PredictionIO/vendors/spark-1.3.0
  Version: 1.3.0 (meets minimum requirement of 1.3.0)

Storage Backend Connections
  Verifying Meta Data Backend
  Verifying Model Data Backend
  Verifying Event Data Backend
[ERROR] [RecoverableZooKeeper] ZooKeeper exists failed after 1 attempts
[ERROR] [ZooKeeperWatcher] hconnection-0x1d61c6dc, quorum=localhost:2181, baseZNode=/hbase Received unexpected KeeperException, re-throwing exception
[WARN] [ZooKeeperRegistry] Can't retrieve clusterId from Zookeeper
[ERROR] [StorageClient] Cannot connect to ZooKeeper (ZooKeeper ensemble: localhost). Please make sure that the configuration is pointing at the correct ZooKeeper ensemble. By default, HBase manages its own ZooKeeper, so if you have not configured HBase to use an external ZooKeeper, that means your HBase is not started or configured properly.
[ERROR] [Storage$] Error initializing storage client for source HBASE
[ERROR] [Storage$] Can't connect to ZooKeeper
io.prediction.data.storage.StorageClientException: Data source HBASE was not properly initialized.
at io.prediction.data.storage.Storage$$anonfun$9.apply(Storage.scala:189)
at io.prediction.data.storage.Storage$$anonfun$9.apply(Storage.scala:189)
at scala.Option.getOrElse(Option.scala:120)
at io.prediction.data.storage.Storage$.getDataObject(Storage.scala:188)
at io.prediction.data.storage.Storage$.getDataObject(Storage.scala:173)
at io.prediction.data.storage.Storage$.getLEvents(Storage.scala:284)
at io.prediction.data.storage.Storage$.verifyAllDataObjects(Storage.scala:247)
at io.prediction.tools.console.Console$.status(Console.scala:1070)
at io.prediction.tools.console.Console$$anonfun$main$1.apply(Console.scala:694)
at io.prediction.tools.console.Console$$anonfun$main$1.apply(Console.scala:653)
at scala.Option.map(Option.scala:145)
at io.prediction.tools.console.Console$.main(Console.scala:653)
at io.prediction.tools.console.Console.main(Console.scala)

Unable to connect to all storage backend(s) successfully. Please refer to error message(s) above. Aborting.
Vihangs-MacBook-Air:PredictionIO vihangmirkhelkar$

Can you please have a look at it.
Kindly, help me as something has gone wrong.

Thanking you.
Vihang Mirkhelkar.