Arabic unicode font is not being rendered properly on PDF generated by Prawn Gem

ram...@commutatus.com

Mar 4, 2017, 6:06:50 AM3/4/17
to Prawn
The Arabic font is rendered properly on the Rails App(as in the first picture) but when I convert it into a pdf, a different text is being printed(as in the second picture). I'm using Unicode format but still this issue persists. Can someone please help?
Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 1.15.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 1.21.34 PM.png

Alexander Mankuta

Mar 4, 2017, 6:12:23 AM3/4/17
to prawn...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Prawn doesn't support ligatures which are used to properly render Arabic text. As a workaround I suggest using arabic-letter-connector gem [1].

[1]: https://rubygems.org/gems/arabic-letter-connector

--
Regards,
Alexander
On 3/4/17 10:20, ram...@commutatus.com wrote:
The Arabic font is rendered properly on the Rails App(as in the first picture) but when I convert it into a pdf, a different text is being printed(as in the second picture). I'm using Unicode format but still this issue persists. Can someone please help?

signature.asc