Support for Roman numerals for page numbering

Anton Rieder

Apr 21, 2016, 9:44:51 AM4/21/16
to Prawn
Hey!

I was wondering if there are plans to add support for adding Roman numerals for page numbering. I think the following says it the best:

Many documents use specific page number formats within a document. Commonly, front matter is numbered with lowercase Roman numerals. The main content, starting on the page numbered 1, may actually be the fifth or sixth page in the document. Similarly, appendices may begin with page number 1 plus a prefix of the appendix letter (e.g., "A-1").

I am facing the same issue here, I want my front matter to not start with "1", not just in the footer where I print the page number, but also inside the PDF reader I use to view them. Is that currently possible? And if not, are there any plans? Doing a quick search I couldn't find any place where this kind of code would go.

Cheers,
Anton