functional reactive programming for UIs, specifically browser applications

Dustin Getz

Nov 27, 2012, 6:21:37 PM11/27/12
to pragmatic-functional...@googlegroups.com
(link dump. what resources would you recommend? im not entirely sure what the state of art is. this came up in several talks at Clojure Conj 2012, looks to be the future)

Jon Harrop

Nov 29, 2012, 12:33:37 PM11/29/12
to pragmatic-functional...@googlegroups.com
Great question! I've been wanting to learn more about FRP but never found the time. Some of those links are great but I'm not sure how I'd actually use that in real F# code. Is anyone using FRP in production?

Cheers,
Jon.

pagoda_5b

Nov 29, 2012, 12:59:43 PM11/29/12
to pragmatic-functional...@googlegroups.com
Did you look into Elm?

Bye,
Ivano

Jack Fox

Nov 29, 2012, 10:19:00 PM11/29/12
to pragmatic-functional...@googlegroups.com
Elm looks interesting enough to set aside time for
Message has been deleted

Jack Fox

Dec 4, 2012, 11:20:02 AM12/4/12
to pragmatic-functional...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I'm quite interested in Elm.

I have 2 browsers on my Asus Android tablet. The Elm examples freeze the pre-installed browser, but work on the tablet's Chrome browser. Still the example pages are not entirely tablet friendly. (If the contents of the code panel extend to the right past being visible there is no slider available.)

I hope to make the time to do a small project integrating Elm and F#. If I do I will notify this group.

Art Scott

Dec 15, 2012, 6:57:24 PM12/15/12
to pragmatic-functional...@googlegroups.com
I'm also looking at C FRP. and I like what I see.

Art