Correspondence

pragosh

May 12, 2015, 6:25:59 AM5/12/15
to PN, PV, QK, SPN
Letter to: Brahmananda
--
London
67-07-24

My Dear Brahmananda,

Accept my blessings. I am always thinking of your separation feelings. Please do your duty nicely and Krishna will help you in all respects. We are delayed here for 16 hours. Starting this morning at nine for Delhi. The attention of Mr. B.K. Nehru the Ambassador of India was drawn to me the other day. I have told him about my permanent Visa and he has promised to help me when I come back. Please make an appointment with him informing that I wish to present him our set of Bhagavatam and our other literatures. Then go to him and personally present the books etc. at Washington D.C. It may be that I shall be coming back very soon as soon as I feel some strength. Up to now there was no disturbance about my health and I hope to reach Delhi this night. I shall write you again after reaching Vrindaban. Convey my ardent affection and blessings for all the boys and girls. I am very much hopeful of my movement. Please keep steady, follow all my instructions scrupulously, chant Hare Krishna and Krishna will give you all strength. Hope you are all doing well. I am

Yours ever well-wisher
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

>>> Ref. VedaBase => Letter to: Brahmananda  --  London 24 July, 1967

pragosh

May 19, 2015, 7:21:38 AM5/19/15
to PN, PV, QK, SPN
Letter to: "Children" at New York
--
Vrindaban
67-07-26

Dear "children" at New York,

Please accept my blessings. We had a very nice plane ride here to New Delhi, although it took somewhat longer than we had anticipated. We arrived in London on schedule Sunday morning, and Kirtanananda gave me a massage, and then I took shower bath and rested until afternoon. We boarded the plane for Moscow and no more than we got in our seats, when it was announced that due "to health regulation'' there would be a short delay -- the delay, however, turned out to be some 16 hours. It seem that someone on the plane when it came into London had smallpox, so the plane was quarantined until it could be thoroughly fumigated. So they put us up for the night in the "Excelsior'' Hotel, which was something like a dream palace, complete with air conditioning, TV, Hi-Fi, swimming pool and everything else. We had a nice meal and slept very nicely. We boarded the plane for the second time the next morning at nine a.m. and took off for Moscow shortly thereafter, and arrived at that bastion of propaganda about three hours later. We had an hour stop there, so we got off the plane just to take a walk. We were met by a "friendly guard'' and informed that they would keep our passport until we returned to the plane, and then "guided'' down the corridor to the terminal. Unlike London or New York, there was no hustle or bustle at the terminal, nor were there many people -- and it was very quiet! The only remarkable features were the propaganada pictures and the many racks of free books and literatures. We were glad to get back on the plane and start for Delhi. The flight from Moscow to Delhi took about 8 hours, and when we arrived it was about midnight local time, and when we stepped out of the plane I KNEW IT WAS INDIA! It was like walking into a solid wall of HEAT. But that's what I've been wanting, and it felt good to me. Some friends were there to meet us, so after clearing customs we drove into town, where we stayed (and are presently) at a Radha Krishna Temple near Kashmiri Gate.

Today I have consulted with two Ayur Vedic physicians, one of whom is famous in these quarters, and they conclude that my trouble is with my heart, but that all danger is past, and that I will be just fine, provided I follow simple regulative measures with my diet and work. I also have been given some medicine, so we shall see how Krishna desires. Tomorrow, Krishna willing, we will go to Vrindaban, where you can send mail to me.

I have played the record a number of times here, and when they hear it they think it is wonderful. I am very anxious -- even more than ever -- for our American House in Vrindaban. I always said that if I could get the American boys and girls to take up this movement the rest of the world would join. Now my theory is being proved. So now I am depending on you all to carry on this great mission in my absence; chant and hear, and Krishna will bless you.

Your ever well-wisher
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

>>> Ref. VedaBase => Letter to: "Children" at New York  --  Vrindaban 26 July, 1967

pragosh

May 26, 2015, 9:29:50 AM5/26/15
to PN, PV, QK, SPN
Letter to: Students
--
Vrindaban
67-08-02

My Dear Students,

Please accept my blessings. I am always thinking of you, and I am feeling separation. I wish to return at the earliest opportunity. I cannot stop my western world activities and I have taken leave from you for only six months; and it may be that on or before I will come to you again. So continue your activities with great vigor. I shall always pray to Krishna for your steady advance, but try to follow the principles which are necessary to strengthen oneself in the matter of spiritual advance. Never think that I am absent from you. Physical presence is not essential; presence by message (or hearing) is real touch. Lord Krishna is present by His message which was delivered 5,000 years ago. We feel always the presence of our past Acaryas simply by their immutable instructions. I hope you will understand me right and do the needful. Kirtanananda says from my bodily feature that I am improving; I am also feeling like that.

Your ever well-wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta

>>> Ref. VedaBase => Letter to: Students  --  Vrindaban 2 August, 1967

pragosh

Jun 2, 2015, 9:12:14 AM6/2/15
to PN, PV, QK, SPN
Letter to: Brahmananda
--
Vrindaban
67-08-02

My Dear Brahmananda,

Please accept my blessings. In continuation of yesterday's letter signed by Kirtanananda, I may further inform you that the MacMillan contract is very important. I have already confirmed the terms, and you are herewith authorized to sign on my behalf. If the contract is bona fide, then there is no need of printing the books at my responsibility either in Japan or in India. I shall be satisfied with the commission and shall only be glad to see that the books are being read by hundreds and thousands of men. Whatever profit may be derived from it will be utilized for development of the American House here. I would have been very glad if Hayagriva, yourself, and Rayarama, along with Kirtanananda, would have been present combinedly and give a start to the American House. Negotiations for the plot of land is going on and as soon as it is settled we shall begin the work. Kirtanananda is feeling the warmth of the city a little tediously. For me this warmth is little bracy. Anyway, you try to fructify this contract and it will be a great relief to me. We have already written to Hayagriva to return to N.Y. and deliver the mass. copy over to MacMillan; the balance part of Gitopanisad which is being edited should be finished as soon as possible; and wherever necessary he may consult me by mail. The first three vols. of S.B., completing the first canto, may be published in one vol. without the sanskrit, i.e. only translation and purport. Similarly we can publish the second canto in one vol., and so on, one vol. per canto.

Your ever well-wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta

>>> Ref. VedaBase => Letter to: Brahmananda  --  Vrindaban 2 August, 1967

pragosh

Jun 9, 2015, 6:55:27 AM6/9/15
to PN, PV, QK, SPN
Vrindaban
67-08-03

My Dear Murari Das,

I am so glad to see your letter dated 7-19-67. Both Kirtanananda and myself reached safely on 14 July at Midnight, after undergoing customs etc., we took shelter at our temple in Delhi at about 3:00 a.m. Still we could not sleep all night. Due to that, I became indisposed and was obliged to stay there for three or four extra days. I have now come to Vrindaban on the 31st., and am staying at the Radha Damodara Temple. You have inquired about the import of Murari Das: Murari is another name for Krishna; therefore one who is pledged to become the servant of Krishna is called Murari Das. I am so glad you are playing music for Krishna. It is a great service of your talent. Anyone's special talent should be engaged in the service of the Lord, and thereby becomes successful in his life. I think that you can go on playing on your guitar and make it successful for Krishna kirtana. You do not require to learn freshly about sitar. We are not meant for learning something new for the service of the Lord; but we have to engage whatever talents we have already got. Our life is short but any type of education is great and long; so the best part of valor is to utilize properly whatever qualifications we have got for the service of the Lord. If you think still that you want a sitar, I will request you to make correspondence with Messrs Dwarkin and Sons, Esplanade Calcutta.

Please convey my blessing to Lilavati, who is so sincere in the service of the Lord. Hare Krishna!

Your ever well-wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

>>> Ref. VedaBase => Letter to: Murari  --  Vrindaban 3 August, 1967