Error building latest Gingerbread rootfs

Steve Winiecki

Jul 25, 2012, 9:33:11 PM7/25/12
to ppcd...@googlegroups.com
When do 'make TARGET_PRODUCT=canyonlands', get error:

build/core/product_config.mk:203: *** No matches for product "canyonlands".  Stop.

Note also a few things need to be updated on the wiki/ConfigureAndBuild page for new release

- Software
   - Required packages: sun jdk is not available in repository for latest Ubuntu releases
- Checkout sources
   - should say to specify either donut or gingerbread file
- Build kernel
   - updated PATH for new release toolchain
   - should say cd ppcdroid/kernel prior to make

Also - is plan to put pre-built files for Gingerbread in Downloads?

Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov

Jul 26, 2012, 5:35:51 AM7/26/12
to ppcd...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Steve,

Thanks for trying ppcdroid out. We are still in progress of updating web pages.

On Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:33:11 AM UTC+4, Steve Winiecki wrote:
When do 'make TARGET_PRODUCT=canyonlands', get error:

build/core/product_config.mk:203: *** No matches for product "canyonlands".  Stop.

Please use the standard AOSP sequence here:
source ./build/envsetup.sh
lunch full_canyonlands-eng
make -j7

Note also a few things need to be updated on the wiki/ConfigureAndBuild page for new release

- Software
   - Required packages: sun jdk is not available in repository for latest Ubuntu releases

Yes, build required Sun JDK 6.0. We have to check whether building with OpenJDK will work.

- Checkout sources
   - should say to specify either donut or gingerbread file

The page is still not updated.

- Build kernel
   - updated PATH for new release toolchain
   - should say cd ppcdroid/kernel prior to make

Thanks for the review!

Also - is plan to put pre-built files for Gingerbread in Downloads?

Yes. We are in progress of preparing tarballs and some (short) release notes.

--
With best wishes
Dmitry

Steve Winiecki

Jul 26, 2012, 1:53:15 PM7/26/12
to ppcd...@googlegroups.com
Dmitry - thanks for the quick response.  Understand now the pages are not yet updated - is the all the source in the repository currently up to date?

My build goes for a while until I get the following error (downloaded source yesterday)

sdk/emulator/qtools/thumbdis.cpp: In function `char* disasm_insn_thumb(uint32_t,
 uint32_t, uint32_t, char*)':
sdk/emulator/qtools/thumbdis.cpp:387:71: warning: format not a string literal an
d no format arguments [-Wformat-security]
sdk/emulator/qtools/thumbdis.cpp:396:71: warning: format not a string literal an
d no format arguments [-Wformat-security]
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/obbtool_intermediates/Main.o] Erro
r 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
true

Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov

Jul 26, 2012, 4:35:03 PM7/26/12
to ppcd...@googlegroups.com, Steve Winiecki
Sources get periodical updates, but they are not _that_ critical. And we
are in process of updating web/wiki pages to work with new release.

> My build goes for a while until I get the following error (downloaded
> source yesterday)
>
> sdk/emulator/qtools/thumbdis.cpp: In function `char*
> disasm_insn_thumb(uint32_t,
> uint32_t, uint32_t, char*)':
> sdk/emulator/qtools/thumbdis.cpp:387:71: warning: format not a string
> literal an
> d no format arguments [-Wformat-security]
> sdk/emulator/qtools/thumbdis.cpp:396:71: warning: format not a string
> literal an
> d no format arguments [-Wformat-security]
> cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
> make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/obbtool_intermediates/Main.o]
> Erro
> r 1
> make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> true

This is really strange. I had issues with using gcc-4.7 (default in
Debian wheezy), but they were different. What is your host build
environment? (OS, release and gcc --version).

Steve Winiecki

Jul 27, 2012, 8:46:58 AM7/27/12
to ppcd...@googlegroups.com, Steve Winiecki

This is really strange. I had issues with using gcc-4.7 (default in
Debian wheezy), but they were different. What is your host build
environment? (OS, release and gcc --version).

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 x86 host.  I'm going to just reinstall and start from scratch - will let you know if I encounter any issues.  Thanks

Konstantin Belov

Jul 27, 2012, 8:58:15 AM7/27/12
to ppcd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm facing build problems on Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit and gcc 4.7 but there are no problems to build on CentOS 6 64-bit. Probably Ubuntu 10.04 LTS will work fine.

Steve Winiecki

Jul 29, 2012, 10:58:28 PM7/29/12
to ppcd...@googlegroups.com, Steve Winiecki
 Still getting errors - I should switch to 10.04 host?
err.txt

Grigory Tolstolytkin

Jul 30, 2012, 10:45:00 AM7/30/12
to ppcd...@googlegroups.com, Steve Winiecki
Hi Steve,

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 x86 host.  I'm going to just reinstall and start from scratch - will let you know if I encounter any issues.  Thanks
 Still getting errors - I should switch to 10.04 host?

Most likely the following steps should help. It is much simpler than switching to 10.04. Let us know if it will work for you:
1. Install gcc-4.4 package
2. Create the following 4 symlinks and make them available in the PATH, so older toolchain will be used during the build:
$ ls -l ~/bin/
cpp -> /usr/bin/cpp-4.4
g++ -> /usr/bin/g++-4.4
gcc -> /usr/bin/gcc-4.4
gcov -> /usr/bin/gcov-4.4

Konstantin Belov

Jul 30, 2012, 11:10:49 AM7/30/12
to ppcd...@googlegroups.com, Steve Winiecki
Confirmed.
All you need to do:
sudo aptitide install gcc-4.4 g++-4.4 g++-4.4-multilib
go to <ppcdroid-repo-tree>
mkdir bin
cd bin
ln -s /usr/bin/gcc-4.4 gcc
ln -s /usr/bin/g++-4.4 g++
ln -s /usr/bin/cpp-4.4 cpp
export PATH=$PWD:$PATH
cd ..
source build/envsetup.sh
lunch 4
make -j8

Looks like gcov-4.4 is not required to build rootfs.

Steve Winiecki

Jul 31, 2012, 2:35:20 PM7/31/12
to ppcd...@googlegroups.com, Steve Winiecki
Looks like that fixes things for me as well.

Might want to add a note on the Wiki Configure and Build instructions if using a host w/ native GCC > 4.x.x. (w/ Konstantin's detailed instructions)