PowerBuilder Runtime License

Waleed Seada

Jun 24, 2003, 3:06:55 PM6/24/03
Hi all
I am developing an application Using PowerBuilder 8.0.x, After I finish
the developing I need to deploy that application to the end user, Do I need
to get a license for this, How ???

thanks in advance
Waleed Seada

Terry Dykstra

Jun 24, 2003, 2:27:59 PM6/24/03
No license required for the PB side of things. For the database it depends.
If you are deploying the ASA runtime, it is free, but if ou require the ASA
engine, the client will have to buy a license from Sybase.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

"Waleed Seada" <DSweet...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

PowerObject!

Jun 24, 2003, 7:19:19 PM6/24/03
Terry,

Do you mean we don't need a licenced copy of PowerBuilder to develop and
sell "commercial" software?

---
PowerObject!

Andy Turiansky [TeamSybase]

Jun 24, 2003, 8:59:13 PM6/24/03
The developer does need a licensed copy of PB, but the runtime deployment is
license/fee free

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:19:19 -0400,
in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript

Andy

Chris Keating

Jun 25, 2003, 10:55:50 AM6/25/03
The key is that the PB runtimes is license free. Not all PB files are part
of the runtime. For example PborcXX.dll is NOT part of the runtime. If your
applications uses that DLL, you cannot deploy it.

/ck

"Andy Turiansky [TeamSybase]" <aturi...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Terry Dykstra

Andy Turiansky [TeamSybase]