Stopping a datawindow retrieve

Bryan Dyck

Sep 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/1/99
Does anyone know of some sample code that I can look at that will create a
response window with a cancel button that would remain available during a
datawindow retrieve() that I can use to stop a long running query?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

Michael Chernin

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
Hi

You can open the popup window and to use the retrieverow datawindow event.
If user clicks cancel button - close the window and send the relevant
returncode to the
datawindow. The next retrieved row will be the last one if you put
returncode 1 into the retrieverow
event .

pbm_hopethishelps

Bryan Dyck <bryan...@home.com> wrote in message

Clive Collie

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
You can use the retriverow event if the query has got to the fetch stage. If
the database is still 'thinking' then it depends if it will cancel the
query. Sybase SQL Anywhere via ODBC will not cancel a running query.

Eric Aling [TeamSybase]

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
Check out the async topic in the PB helpfile.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

- Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115

Chris Gross

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
If you're using the PFC then checkout: