Execution error (R0002): Null object reference

Michael Huber

Feb 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/2/00
Hello!

In my DataWindow DW_1 I want to resize my report with the following code:

dw_1.dataobject="dw_xxxxx"
dw_1.Object.DataWindow.Zoom = 85

As long as I run the application directly from PowerBuilder (Ver. 7.0)
everything works fine.

But if I run the application from the generated EXE-File, I got following
Error-Message:

PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0002)
Error: Null object reference at line 8 in function.....(which is specifying
the zoom-row above)

What is causing this error and how can it be fixed???

Thanks !

Michael

Ron Gallagher

Feb 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/2/00
Michael --

The most likely culprit is that the datawindow object is not available at
runtime. Since you're assigning it dynamically, PB doesn't know that you're
using it. If you're compiling to a single executable file or to DLL files,
then pb won't include the datawindow object. If this is the case, you have
two options:
1) Create a pbr file that contains a reference to this datawindow object and
associate this pbr file with your executable when you build the app.
2) Compile your pbl files into pbds. This way, all objects in all of your
pbls will be available at run time.

HTH

Ron Gallagher, CPDP
Atlanta, GA
rongal...@mindspring.com

Michael Huber <Michae...@deutsche-ba.de> wrote in message

Michael Huber

Feb 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/2/00
Ron,

GREAT !

Thanks for pointing me the right direction.

Michael

Ron Gallagher schrieb in Nachricht ...