SAX2 parsing - com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.SAXParser cannot be cast to org.xml.sax.XMLReader

WiB

Jul 28, 2010, 3:01:16 AM7/28/10
to PowerMock
Hi all,

First of all, my problem is probably similar to the following issue:

http://groups.google.com/group/powermock/browse_thread/thread/88079512f2dfcbd1/59b5d831e3e7f9b8?pli=1

basically, I have a hibernate configuration that gets loaded in my
test.
I'm getting the following error:

java.lang.ClassCastException:
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.SAXParser cannot be cast to
org.xml.sax.XMLReader
at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory.loadClass(XMLReaderFactory.java:
199)
at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader(XMLReaderFactory.java:
150)
at org.dom4j.io.SAXHelper.createXMLReader(SAXHelper.java:83)
at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.createXMLReader(SAXReader.java:894)
at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.getXMLReader(SAXReader.java:715)
at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:435)

org.hibernate.HibernateException: Could not parse configuration:
inMemory-hibernate.cfg.xml
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:
1528)
at
org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.doConfigure(AnnotationConfiguration.java:
1035)
at
org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.doConfigure(AnnotationConfiguration.java:
64)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.configure(Configuration.java:1462)
at
org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.configure(AnnotationConfiguration.java:
1017)
..
Caused by: org.dom4j.DocumentException: SAX2 driver class
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.SAXParser does not
implement XMLReader Nested exception: SAX2 driver class
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.SAXParser does not
implement XMLReader
at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:484)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:
1518)
... 34 more

at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:
1518)
Warning: Caught exception attempting to use SAX to load a SAX
XMLReader
at
org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.doConfigure(AnnotationConfiguration.java:
1035)
at
org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.doConfigure(AnnotationConfiguration.java:
64)
Warning: Exception was: java.lang.ClassCastException:
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.SAXParser cannot be cast to
org.xml.sax.XMLReader
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.configure(Configuration.java:1462)
Warning: I will print the stack trace then carry on using the default
SAX parser
at
org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.configure(AnnotationConfiguration.java:
1017)
..
--------------------------------------

I've tried the recommendation suggested in the issue I mentioned
above, without any luck:

----------------------------------

@RunWith(PowerMockRunner.class)
@PrepareForTest({MyServiceImpl.class})
@PowerMockIgnore( { "com.sun.org.apache.xerces.*", "org.dom4j.*",
"org.xml.sax.*" })
public class MyTest extends InMemoryLookupTests{

private MyServiceImpl service;

@Before
public void setup() throws Exception {
MockitoAnnotations.initMocks(this);
service = new MyServiceImpl();
}

}

Could someone please share some light?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Alex.

Jan Kronquist

Sep 3, 2010, 7:53:47 AM9/3/10
to powe...@googlegroups.com
Maybe you could try adding hibernate to the PowerMockIgnore as well?

/Jan