Another library integration.

ismail codar

Feb 6, 2018, 2:41:32 PM2/6/18
to PouchDB

https://github.com/automerge/automerge seems to have interesting features in terms of data synchronization.

I want to ask PouchDB owners: Is it possible to automerge-pouchdb integration or insiparation of some features.

Jan Lehnardt

Feb 7, 2018, 6:17:15 AM2/7/18
to pou...@googlegroups.com
In my quick review yesterday, it looks like conceptually automerge is very similar to the CouchDB/PouchDB model, although theory and implementation might vary.

I think having a db.changes() listener that diffs C/PouchDB conflicts and auto-merges if two different fields changed would produce a near identical result from an application perspective.

There are a few points about project maturity and compatibility, where PouchDB has just been around longer, but if picked up, automerge could catch up with eventually.

Best
Jan