A Conflict Resolution Framework for PouchDB

115 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Rebecca Kai Cassar

ongelezen,
26 mrt 2016, 15:26:2926-03-2016
aan PouchDB
Hi everyone :)

I've been working on a framework which works on top of PouchDB where the main aim is to make the coding of conflict resolution scenarios within PouchDB simpler for developers. I'd love it if you guys could give the framework a try and let me know what you think.

I've developed the framework as part of my Bachelors' thesis at the University of Malta and I would really appreciate it if you could leave some feedback! I'll leave a link to a survey below.

If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to post below or contact me on rebecca-ka...@um.edu.mt

Thanks,
Rebecca Kai Cassar

GitHub link to code repo:  https://git.io/v2fgF
Short tutorial on how to use the framework: https://goo.gl/9kMxkk
Detailed documentation of the framework: https://goo.gl/PQKwIf

Nolan Lawson

ongelezen,
20 apr 2016, 10:22:3520-04-2016
aan PouchDB
Hi Rebecca,

Welcome! :) It's cool to see folks building neat stuff on top of PouchDB. A few quick suggestions:

1. The asynchronous style of your code seems reminiscent of the "promisey pyramid of doom," as I describe here: http://pouchdb.com/2015/05/18/we-have-a-problem-with-promises.html. In particular, it seems that instead of returning promises from your functions, you are just doing .then().catch() inside of every callback.

2. It would be nice to add a package.json and do `module.exports = ResFramework` in order to export it and make it easily shareable on npm. `npm init` can get you started!

3. We actually have a plugin API that you can use instead of asking users to manually pass in their PouchDB object. The API is described here: https://pouchdb.com/api.html#plugins

Hope that feedback helps! Looking forward to seeing where you go with this. :)

Cheers,
Nolan

Rebecca Kai Cassar

ongelezen,
27 apr 2016, 10:03:0927-04-2016
aan PouchDB
Hi Nolan,

Thank you for your feedback! I think that all the points you mentioned are very valid points and I will do my best to implement your suggestions over the coming weeks.

Thanks again :)

Rebecca.

Nolan Lawson

ongelezen,
28 apr 2016, 11:06:1028-04-2016
aan PouchDB
Hi Rebecca,

No prob! Also if you need help, please don't hesitate to check out http://slack.pouchdb.com/. There are usually a half-dozen folks in there who would be happy to provide guidance. :)

Cheers,
Nolan

Colin Skow

ongelezen,
30 apr 2016, 17:47:2030-04-2016
aan PouchDB
Hi Rebecca,

This looks like a very promising helper framework. Conflict resolution is something that confuses a lot of CouchDB users. I think your project is something that can take away a lot of the confusion. I agree with Nolan's suggestions. As I start integrating your work into my applications, I will probably have more feedback about real-world use cases.

Cheers!
- Colin

Rebecca Kai Cassar

ongelezen,
1 mei 2016, 05:22:4401-05-2016
aan PouchDB
Hi Colin,

Thank you! I look forward to hearing your feedback :)

Best regards,

Rebecca.

Rebecca Kai Cassar

ongelezen,