chrome aw snap during sync

Matteo Grolla

Mar 8, 2016, 12:05:24 PM3/8/16
to PouchDB
I'm trying to completely delete a document which ~ 1800 revisions and the most promising approach seemed to delete the revisions in batches of 50.
However during this operation Chrome still crashes with an "Aw Snap" error.
Any suggestion on what I could do?
Performing deletes on many different documents is not a problem but many deletes on revisions of the same docs leads me to Chrome crashes

Nolan Lawson

Mar 8, 2016, 12:07:32 PM3/8/16
to PouchDB
I think unfortunately a document with 1800 revisions is probably not going to perform well in any version of IndexedDB. Typically we recommend never to exceed 1000 revisions, and even 1000 is a lot. Have you considered auto-compaction or using fewer revisions or having smaller documents?

OTOH if you can consistently reproduce the "Aw Snap" error, then that is a perfect candidate for a bug to file on Chromium: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues They are very quick to fix most IndexedDB issues, especially if you have a test case to reproduce. :)