Use case

Christophe HOARAU

Apr 25, 2016, 12:15:39 AM4/25/16
to PouchDB
Hello,

I'm new to pouchDB, and I would like to know if I should use it or not. I don't have couchdb on the backend so I won't be using the sync native feature and I was wondering if couchdb wouldn't be to big for my need then.
Or maybe I can plug pouchdb with my own sync service but I don't know if it's possible to do so. Where should I look if want want to try this ?

Thanks.

Dale Harvey

Apr 25, 2016, 2:54:51 AM4/25/16
to pou...@googlegroups.com
PouchDB has overhead and limitations brought on by the ability to sync, if you are not syncing data then I wouldnt really recommend using it and look towards other client side databases (lokijs etc), However if you do want to sync then I would recommend rethinking why you are not using CouchDB (or compatible implementations), writing your own sync will be a large challenge.