Do I need pouchdb-adapter-cordova-sqlite?

Alpine Tech

Feb 19, 2018, 10:55:06 PM2/19/18
to PouchDB
Should I switch to the pouchdb-adapter-cordova-sqlite?  My app takes photo and stores them as attachments (base 64) and live syncs them to a CouchDB.   For example the test database has 387 documents and 58 attached photos.  Running in Chrome, on a desktop, it works fine.  However, when installed on various Android devices the database fails.  On some inexpensive devices, as soon as the sync starts, a message pops up declaring the database is closing, then the app crashes.  On others it begins to sync, downloads about 60 documents and won't download any more.  No error messages, just sync-active, sync-paused, sync-active a dozen or so times, then it just stops, but the app continues to run.   I ran more tests with an Android emulator and on that one the sync started, got about 50 documents downloaded and then the app locked up.  I was able to find a message in the console the said "Quota Exceeded"  on that one.   I've also ran tests on IOS with the same app and it won't run at all when the sync starts (suspect the IOS device has been "throttled down" by Apple to protect itself).   I'm planning play into Apples hands, and buy a new device soon, so I am hoping if SQLite adapter is good for Android it will be good for IOS too?   Any knowledge on this issue is greatly appreciated.  - Alpine Tech