Bike in Movie TONIGHT, 7pm at the IPRC

Portland Zine Symposium

Jun 5, 2014, 12:22:28 PM6/5/14
to portlandzi...@googlegroups.com
In this newsletter:
1. Bike in Movie
2. Workshops
3. 24 hour zine challenge
4. Tabling
5. International Zine Month

_________

1. 5th Annual Bike in Movie!

When: June 5 from 7-9:30pm
Where: Independent Publishing Resource Center, 1001 SE Division

To help kick off Pedalpalooza, the Portland Zine Symposium will be showing the 1983 Australian classic BMX Bandits for our 5th annual bike-in movie! Come watch a 16-year-old Nicole Kidman in her first starring role!

This is an all ages event, so bring the kids! 80's attire is encouraged, and those who dress up will receive a free raffle ticket! We'll also be giving away a free raffle ticket to those who ride their bikes to the event.

As always, we'll have popcorn, candy, beer, and sodas available, and we will be collecting donations for this year's Portland Zine Symposium.

2. We are still accepting applications for workshops at this year's Portland Zine Symposium! Do you have a skill you want to share or a panel you'd like to convene? Let us know!

3. The 24-hour zine challenge is coming up in one month! Our annual challenge requires zinesters to create a 24-page zine in 24 hours. This year we'll be hosting the challenge at the IPRC (1001 SE Division.) As always, we encourage participants to ask friends, family, and community members for pledges to serve as a fundraiser for Portland Zine Symposium. Anyone who pledges $10 or more will receive a free copy of the participant's completed zine.

Click here to submit a pledge in support of a 24-hour zine challenger.

4. We have been working hard to bring you a list of confirmed tablers! Check it out to see who is coming to the 2014 Portland Zine Symposium!

Also, a reminder to folks who are realizing their PZS dreams may not come to fruition: If you cannot make it to the event, please tell us ASAP so we can pull one of the many people off our waiting list in time for them to make arrangements. Thank you!

5. July is International Zine Month! Portland Zine Symposium's own Alex Wrekk is back again with the 2014 edition of 31 Days of International Zine Month! Follow along with her suggested daily zine activities all month to celebrate.