Zinester's Bike Ride, Tabling Update, Cindy Crabb, and more!

Portland Zine Symposium

Jun 2, 2015, 11:03:53 PM6/2/15
to portlandzi...@googlegroups.com
The 15th Annual Portland Zine Symposium is less than two months away!

1. Bike-in Movie
2. Tabling Update
3. Cindy Crabb is coming to PZS!
4. Want to Lead a Workshop?
5. We Need Help!

1. Bike-in Movie and Zinester's Bike Ride

The Portland Zine Symposium's annual bike-in movie and Zinester's Bike Ride is taking place in Portland on Thursday June 11th as part of Pedalpalooza. We will be showing Pee-wee's Big Adventure!

The Zinester's Bike Ride starts at Portland Button Works (1322 N Killingsworth) and ends at IPRC (1001 SE Division) at 5:30. The bike-in movie portion of the evening starts at IPRC at 7pm with trivia. The movie will start at 7:30pm. Popcorn, candy, and drinks will be available by donation. All proceeds benefit Portland Zine Symposium!

2. Tabling Update

We recently updated our wait list! If you were pulled off, you should have received an email letting you know. If you did NOT get pulled, please do not fret. Most years we are able to pull nearly everyone off of the waiting list at the time of the symposium.

If you have signed up for a table but are not going to be able to make it, please let us know ASAP so that we can offer your spot to someone on the wait list! This is really important - please do not wait to cancel!

3. Cindy Crabb is coming to PZS 2015!

We are so excited to announce that Cindy Crabb, author of the long-running Doris zine, will be leading an interactive presentation and workshop on Friday, July 17 to kick off the 2015 Portland Zine Symposium! This event is being hosted in partnership with the IPRC and is made possible by a grant from the Oregon Community Foundation.

The event will take place on Friday, July 17 at 7pm at the IPRC. Please keep this in mind while making your travel arrangements!

4. Want to Lead a Workshop?

Do you have a skill you'd like to share with other zinesters, or a great idea for a panel discussion at the zine symposium? Fill out a workshop application and we'll get you set up!

5. We Need Help!

The Portland Zine Symposium is run by volunteers, most of whom have full-time jobs as well! We can always use extra hands. Right now we are looking for someone to help us coordinate volunteers, put together our program, and help out with the 24-hour zine challenge (July 11-12). Do any of these jobs sound interesting to you? Do you have another way you'd like to help us out? Get in touch: pdxz...@gmail.com