2016 Portland Zine Symposium tabling registration is open now!

Portland Zine Symposium

Feb 20, 2016, 3:06:12 PM2/20/16
to Portland Zine Symposium

    Greetings Zinesters!

Registration for the 2016 Portland Zine Symposium is opening at noon today!

Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 12:00pm/Noon/PST.

http://www.portlandzinesymposium.org/table-registration/

The 2016 Portland will still be 2 days but held at two different locations:

Day One:  Saturday, July 9th at Ambridge Event Center - Tabling and Workshops

Day Two: Sunday, July 10th at the Independent Publishing Resource Center -Workshops and Skillshare

Tabling FAQ

Where is Portland Zine Symposium this year?

This year the Portland Zine Symposium will be held at two locations!

Day 1 of tabling and workshops will be held at the Ambridge Event Center located at 1333 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd in the Lloyd district of Portland. The Ambridge Event Center even has their own tables and chairs, as well as air conditioning and several workshop rooms.

Day 2 Will be a day of workshops and skillshares held at the Independent Publishing Resource Center at 1001 SE Division

What are the hours of the event?

Saturday at Ambridge July 9th from 11AM until 5PM We allow exhibitors to come 1 hour early to set up each day, which you will be informed about after you register.

Sunday at the IPRC July 10th from 11AM until 5PM.

What do I need to know and where do I need to go to register for table space at the Portland Zine Symposium?

Regular table space at the Portland Zine Symposium is on a first come first serve basis. If your registration meets the 75% zines and independently published titles quota and your payment has been received, then you space is confirmed.

To apply for a larger table space you first register and pay for a regular space and apply for one of the limited large or extra larges spaces. The large and extra large spaces will be voted on and approved by the PZS organizers. If your registration is approved for a larger space we will contact you for additional payment.

How much is tabling space at Portland Zine Symposium this year?

Regular space $25

Large table space $40

X-Large table space $70

Why does PZS limit large table spaces?

We have a limited amount of tables and we are capping large spaces at 40 compared to 120 small spaces. Extra large spaces will extremely limited and taken at a case by case basis.  We do this in order to promote diversity and inclusiveness, as it allows more possible exhibitors. We have found that including more people means that more people show up, which means success for us all!

What are the criteria for having a large or extra large table spaces approved?

Large and extra large spaces are reserved for distros, libraries, and various zine organizations. In essence, an applicant who represents a wide number of titles and individuals is like to be voted in for a large tabling space. Another helpful guideline is that you should have at least 15-25 different titles to be considered for a large space. 25+ for Extra Large.

What are the measurements for table spaces?

Regular table spaces is are 32 inches by 30 inches. Large tabling spaces measure 48 inches by 30 inches. Extra large spaces are 96 inches by 30 inches.

How do I pay for my table?

Once you register for a regular table space we will send you an invoice through Paypal, or you can send a check in the mail to made out to “Portland Zine Symposium” and sent:

Portland Zine Symposium c/o Portland Button Works, 1322 N Killingsworth St., Portland, OR 97217.

Can I share my table space with friends? Can I get extra chairs?

Sure you can share your space with your friends! That’s really nice of you.  However, we are unable to provide you with more chairs because there is just not enough space and we’ve got to make sure we’re complying with fire codes. If you really want to have your own chair, we encourage each person to register your own space and request to sit next to your friends. That way you’ll get your own chair and be included in the program!

I need to change some part of my registration, what do I do?

Just send us an email at pdxz...@gmail.com to let us know and we’ll reply to you as soon as possible.

I registered and paid, but it turns out I can’t make it. What do I do?

Please email us to cancel your registration as soon as possible so that we can move hopeful people off the waiting list. If you have paid and cancel both within 30 days and before June 1st, we will issue you a refund. If you do not cancel within 30 days and before June 1st, you agree to donate your exhibition fee to PZS. If you need to cancel, PLEASE let us know sooner rather than later. We have run out of space and have a waiting list for the last several years in a row. We are making more strict refund policies because of a lot of last minute cancellations the last few years. We are hoping this encourages folks who aren’t sure if they can make it to either wait to register or cancel more promptly, so we can better keep people off the waiting list.

Help! I didn’t get a table/I don’t want a table/I don’t think I have enough stuff for a table, can I still come? Can I sell/trade my zines at the symposium?

Of course! We encourage you to bring your zines and trade! We consider the Portland Zine Symposium a community event and nothing says community like “up for trades”!

This conversation is locked