Tabling registration opening soon

Portland Zine Symposium

Mar 14, 2015, 2:36:14 PM3/14/15
to portlandzi...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

It has been awhile, but zine season is heating up and we are almost ready to open tabling. Read on to find out all the ins and outs of Portland Zine Symposium 2015 - our 15th year!

1. Tabling Opens
2. Food at Portland Zine Symposium
3. Ambridge Event Center
4. Artwork
5. Wanna help?
6. Support the Olympia Zine Fest!
____________________

1. Tabling Opens

The moment you've all be waiting for ….. we will open tabling on Saturday March 21 at noon Pacific time! As usual, our registration process is first come, first served. We will email one more reminder before registration goes live, and the link will be on our website. Please be sure to read through the registration form completely to make sure you understand all of our policies.

2. Food at Portland Zine Symposium

This year we're offering the option to pre-order food that will be delivered to your table during the symposium. There will be vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options, all provided by the Higher Taste. Registration is your only chance to place your order - food will not be available on site for purchase.

3. Ambridge Event Center

This year the Portland Zine Symposium will take place at the Ambridge Event Center, our home for the past two years. We followed Ambridge's recent decision not to host a PFLAG event because of 'religious objections' very closely, and we are thrilled that Ambridge reversed their decision and are taking other steps to apologize for their actions and educate their staff about discrimination. We stand in solidarity with PFLAG Portland Black Chapter and respect the resolution and dialogue they were able to create from this unfortunate situation.

4. Artwork

We are proud to announce that local Portland zinester-artist-kombucha brewer-extraordinaire Amanda Englund is the 2015 Portland Zine Symposium artist! She is in the process of creating an amazing poster that we know you will love, based around this year's theme of "Tools of the Trade." Stay tuned for the big debut!

5. Wanna Help?

We are still looking for a couple of solid organizers and/or volunteers to help us out with the 15th symposium. It takes all of us to make this a success. Do you have a skill to share? We need photographers, videographers, neurotic organizers, promoters, enthusiastic idea generators, accounting-minded folks, and more. Emailpdxz...@gmail.com to get started.

6. Support the Olympia Zine Fest!

Did you know there has never been a zine fest in Olympia, Washington? Help make it happen for our sister zine fest here in the Northwest! Check out their Indiegogo campaign. They are so very close and there are only a few days left!