Fiat

Kindanyume

Jan 23, 2013, 8:20:29 PM1/23/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com
LMAO

hey Steve,

Just catching the latest SN... and I've driven several X-1/9's
including one I helped build with a Porsche flat 6 shoved into it from
a 911. Damn that thing was insane.

Oh and if you really liked the Fiat... but hated the crap
reliability.. try a 1st gen Toyota MR2 esp if it's converted to run
with the 6cyl from a Camry :)

Hmm now to contemplate a PDK mounted within the above cars to make it
really "portable"

Steve Plegge

Jan 23, 2013, 8:25:52 PM1/23/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com
Fix It Again Tony!

(I had an 850 Spider back in the late Triassic Period.)

Woof
--
On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog. [Dogs Rule!]

Kindanyume

Jan 23, 2013, 8:29:16 PM1/23/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com
Hey.. that Spider was nice IMO.. though equally as unreliable.

Same with the Alfa for sake of arguement.

As for more modern.. got to drive a Miata.. with a Frankenstein
transplant of an SR20DET w/diff pushing 380hp... it moved to say the
least. (though not quite as insane as the 1200hp GTR R34 I was lucky
to be given a chance to drive on the track).

Maybe someone will take an old Spyder or X-1/9 and shove in a
reliable modern 4cyl.. and shock some ppl (with other mods of course)

Steve Gibson

Jan 23, 2013, 8:32:45 PM1/23/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com

LMAO

I'm glad.  My girlfriend, Jenny, apparently watched it live and said that it was a VERY funny podcast.  Since I think people want "Info-tainment"... I'm hoping that worked for everyone.  And, as always, there was also plenty of meat.  :)

Just catching the latest SN... and I've driven several X-1/9's including one I helped build with a Porsche flat 6 shoved into it from a 911.   Damn that thing was insane.

Yeah.  I LOVED those cars.  I owned two.  Mid-engine, perfectly balanced, neutral steering.  And the "box" -- the gear box -- linkage was amazing.  I could often shift by feel without the clutch: Moving the engine revs through the point where the gear I wanted would be meshed if it was... feeling for that moment... then committing.  REALLY fun to drive those little buggies.

/Steve.

Steve Gibson

Jan 23, 2013, 8:35:18 PM1/23/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com

Fix It Again Tony!

(I had an 850 Spider back in the late Triassic Period.)

A dark maroon 850 Spider was MY VERY FIRST CAR.

I bought it with my parents, who then drove off... and I drove it home... NEVER having driven a manual transmission before.

But, hey, I was a techie physics geek, and I knew all the theory!  <g>

/Steve.

Kindanyume

Jan 23, 2013, 8:35:04 PM1/23/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com
Ahh def another fan there... w/o a doubt. Too bad the actual DT was
such crap :(

Ah well as I said.. someone will revive it w/better parts I'm sure!

as fro live.. sorry.. no.. just the mp3 as usual here.. but hey if
it's worth the visual I'm happy to leech it if you say so!

Kindanyume

Jan 23, 2013, 8:38:42 PM1/23/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com
lmao

I was later on.. my 1st car i owned (and could drive legally) was an
80 200sx (S11)... I've been a Nissan sports car fan ever since.. it
was killer for the day/age

In fact the only N better IMO than the S series is the GTR (R32-34 and
begrudgingly R-35)

I remember scaring the hell out of many friends with my 89 240sx
(S13).. it put the x-1/9 to shame in many ways.. even though it was
front engine layout.

Ohh.. time for a new thread about cars! LMAO

Steve Gibson

Jan 23, 2013, 8:48:10 PM1/23/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com

Ohh.. time for a new thread about cars!  LMAO

Uh... I'll be DELETING this noise once the dialog has died!  <g>

/Steve.

Kindanyume

Jan 23, 2013, 8:48:56 PM1/23/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com
awwwww well that's not fun :P

Steve Plegge

Jan 23, 2013, 9:12:58 PM1/23/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com
Mine was Basic Blue. My 2nd car, after a VW Karmann Ghia (which began
life as 2 Karmann Ghias, one totaled from the front, one from the rear).

I learned all about clutches on dirt bikes well before my first time in
a Bug.

I think if you type SLOW into Google Images you'll get a picture of the 850.

Woof

Kindanyume

Jan 23, 2013, 9:14:44 PM1/23/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com
lol.. so slow it was maybe 2 DP instead of HP? :)

Sounds like an 80's Lada.. or Skoda

Steve Plegge

Jan 23, 2013, 9:21:50 PM1/23/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com
We're talking 49 hp here, Bubba. Stand well back!

Woof

On 01/23/2013 08:14 PM, Kindanyume wrote:
> lol.. so slow it was maybe 2 DP instead of HP? :)
>
> Sounds like an 80's Lada.. or Skoda
>
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Steve Plegge <jspl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Mine was Basic Blue. My 2nd car, after a VW Karmann Ghia (which began
>> life as 2 Karmann Ghias, one totaled from the front, one from the rear).
>>
>> I learned all about clutches on dirt bikes well before my first time in
>> a Bug.
>>
>> I think if you type SLOW into Google Images you'll get a picture of the 850.
>>
>> Woof

Kindanyume

Jan 23, 2013, 9:22:30 PM1/23/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com
Oh.. so.. about the same speed as my Whippet :)

Kindanyume

Jan 23, 2013, 9:23:02 PM1/23/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com
Oh and remember... hos to stop a whippet / greyhound / etc..

Toss a couch in their way!

Steve Plegge

Jan 23, 2013, 9:32:34 PM1/23/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com
HAH! It works for salukis!

Woof

On 01/23/2013 08:23 PM, Kindanyume wrote:
> Oh and remember... hos to stop a whippet / greyhound / etc..
>
> Toss a couch in their way!
>
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:22 PM, Kindanyume <kinda...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Oh.. so.. about the same speed as my Whippet :)
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:21 PM, Steve Plegge <jspl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> We're talking 49 hp here, Bubba. Stand well back!
>>>
>>> Woof

Kindanyume

Jan 23, 2013, 9:59:34 PM1/23/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com
indeed since they are "the same" family :)