Looks like we have some competition!

garywhit...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2013, 10:28:22 AM1/17/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com

Kindanyume

Jan 17, 2013, 10:42:46 AM1/17/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com

Kyle Smith

Jan 17, 2013, 4:43:29 PM1/17/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com
Google: "Delta Airzound Bike Horn"; 107dB and no Co2 cartridge necessary. Can have for under $30 USD. It makes no claims at being able to produce ultrasonic emission, but then, we long ago gave up on true ultrasound emissions in favor of simply loud. It certainly doesn't set you back some $550 USD, like that foolish horn on Gizmodo. It's astonishing how much noise you can make without anything like a modern day IC and a finely tuned circuit built around a piezo electric speaker, but Gizmodo are after the people with money to burn. V2.2.2 won't set you back even the $30 USD, that they want for the ultimate low tech bike horn, but at 107dB, it will likely clear the bike trail of anything with ears that happens to be in your way. Oh, and it comes with a volume control, in the event you would just like to alert walkers that you are coming from behind, and at the same time remind them that it is called a bike path for a reason.

@@@Disclaimer@@@
I know nothing more about this bike horn than you will if you find it via google. I do not endorse this product in any way. However, it would make my day if someone else would buy one to see just how loud it actually is, and report back to the group on the quality of craftsmanship or lack thereof, used in the horns construction.
@@@@DISCLAIMER@@@@
I have nothing to do with this horn, and as far as I know it could be a complete rip-off. Just so I make it perfectly clear, I would not advise the purchase of this or any other obnoxiously loud device which, even if it works, could likely cause permanent hearing impairment in any individual that was in close proximity to this horn. I'm merely interested in any scientifically obtained data as to this horn's capacity to produce dangerous sound pressure levels.
@@@@DISCLAIMER@@@@
Did I mention that I don't think you should spend your hard earned money on this foolishness.

No animals or humans were hurt as a result of writing this posting. However, a large number of electrons have been jostled about as a direct result of writing this post, but electrons are a nomadic lot anyway, so I wouldn't loose any sleep over their predicament.

73, de Kyle AG2F sk