voip

ericndee...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2013, 3:48:45 PM7/28/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com
What is the best VOIP phone service?

Steve Plegge

Jul 28, 2013, 4:37:19 PM7/28/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com
I used Vonage for several years and was quite happy with it.

Woof

On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog. [Dogs Rule!]

On 07/28/2013 02:48 PM, ericndee...@gmail.com wrote:
> What is the best VOIP phone service? --
> Groups "Portable Sound Blaster" group.
> an email to portable-sound-bl...@googlegroups.com.

Kindanyume

Jul 29, 2013, 10:39:25 AM7/29/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com
It depends on where you are... it's cheaper and more reliable to buy a voip adapter yourself and get a service from an independent.  Vonage can work but is also notorious for having issues.  They also try very hard to "lock" their hardware despite forcing you to buy i from them outright (it can be hacked but it's a pita).

As for whom is the best etc... more info on your locale would be needed in order to give any fair answer.

Karl

Jul 30, 2013, 11:46:08 AM7/30/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com, ericndee...@gmail.com
It depends on the features that you want. As the OP suggested, it is often better to purchase your own ATA or IP phone and then find a service that works for you. I would suggest you look at the following companies:

Callcentric
Vitelity
Anveo

Kindanyume

Jul 30, 2013, 9:40:52 PM7/30/13
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com
Indeed and again depends on where you are.  Acanac can work nicely if you are in their area..  also some have good luck with distributel etc..

again... w/o knowing more of where you are it makes it a very very broad question :(

utter...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2015, 1:23:31 AM3/4/15
to portable-so...@googlegroups.com, ericndee...@gmail.com
The most important things to point out is that VoIP is not limited to voice communication. In fact, a number of efforts have been made to change this popular marketing term to better reflect the fact that VoIP means voice, video, and data conferencing. All such attempts have failed up to this point, but do understand that video telephony and real-time text communication (ToIP), for example, is definitely within the scope of the VoIP and Provide you international Calling and help you to call to China, India, and entire world.