I am new to polymer - how to install polymer in windows.

DINESH T.M.

Sep 10, 2014, 3:36:06 AM9/10/14
to polym...@googlegroups.com
Hi friends,

      I am new to polymer and I didn't know how to use polymer.anyone can explain how to install polymer in windows.then how to start edit polymer design. please explain step by step.

Daniel Llewellyn

Sep 10, 2014, 8:24:54 AM9/10/14
to DINESH T.M., polym...@googlegroups.com
On 10 September 2014 08:36, DINESH T.M. <dines...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends,

      I am new to polymer and I didn't know how to use polymer.anyone can explain how to install polymer in windows.then how to start edit polymer design. please explain step by step.

http://www.polymer-project.org/docs/start/getting-the-code.html has the relevant details if you care to click through to the various links.

you probably want bower: http://bower.io/

which requires git and nodejs to be installed first: http://git-scm.com/download/ and http://nodejs.org/download/

once git and node are installed run from a terminal the command on the bower site to get bower installed.

now bower is installed you can follow the instructions on the polymer page that details "Installing with bower": http://www.polymer-project.org/docs/start/getting-the-code.html#using-bower

--
Daniel Llewellyn
Bang Communications Limited

Daniel Llewellyn

Jan 13, 2015, 8:04:53 AM1/13/15
to kuna....@gmail.com, polym...@googlegroups.com

Erik Isaksen

Jan 13, 2015, 10:26:44 AM1/13/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com
An easy way to play with Polymer is to use https://ele.io.  It is a great playground for learning so you can get used to Polymer before you build an app.

Timothy W. Cook

Jan 13, 2015, 5:29:44 PM1/13/15
to Erik Isaksen, polymer-dev
On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Erik Isaksen <erik.i...@3pillarglobal.com> wrote:
An easy way to play with Polymer is to use https://ele.io.  It is a great playground for learning so you can get used to Polymer before you build an app.

​Interesting tool.

Another approach is to use the Polymer Designer Tool to drag/drop components then you can inspect and edit the code​.

Either way there isn't a need to install Polymer before experimenting with it.

On Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 3:36:06 AM UTC-4, DINESH T.M. wrote:
Hi friends,

      I am new to polymer and I didn't know how to use polymer.anyone can explain how to install polymer in windows.then how to start edit polymer design. please explain step by step.

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/0e1421fe-6271-4f30-8eab-307945db77ab%40googlegroups.com.

Timothy Cook

rebecc...@msn.com

Jan 17, 2015, 1:22:02 PM1/17/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com

FWIW, what I did was create a blank project in WebMatrix and manually copy the Polymer folders in. Works fine running on localhost. (I've tested in Firefox and IE on Windows 7 and 8.)

I'm not having any luck creating the project in Visual Studio (the "blank web site" is still ASP.NET), but once the project is created, you can open it in VS to get the IDE. (I do have Web Essentials installed in VS. Don't know whether that made a difference.)

HTH

rebecc...@msn.com

Jan 17, 2015, 1:33:56 PM1/17/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com, rebecc...@msn.com
Oh, I should add that the project (still in prototype) deployed to Azure without a hitch.

seob...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2017, 8:57:03 AM6/8/17
to Polymer, kuna....@gmail.com
Do you have to setup an environment variables path for polymer-cli to work from the terminal in windows 7.

This is what irks me about Google Technologies, if they want everyone to adapt the PWA method then why don't they make it easier to successfully install on Windows?

It's like they all hold some secret grudge against the WinTel alliance and any equipment based on it. They seem arrogant to me.

I've had nodejs, npm and bower, gulp and even used Firebase successfully but, polymer-cli doesn't seem to want to work on my PC.

It's very frustrating.