datatable element from polymer team?

Richard Jones

Jul 28, 2015, 4:22:12 AM7/28/15
to Polymer
Are there any plans for the polymer team to create a datatable element as one of the core components? i.e a table element that can handle server side pagination, good scrolling support etc. There are a couple of decent tries out there (aha-table and sortable-table, and some wrappers for the jquery datatable project), but I'd be a lot more confident that something was going to be supported going forward if it was an official element, and it seems like it would be a required element for many projects.

Regards,
Richard.

CragVFX

Jul 28, 2015, 10:40:26 AM7/28/15
to Polymer, jon...@gmail.com
Yep, they have it on their github as a component they are planning on building, but not started yet: https://github.com/PolymerElements/paper-elements

Eric Bidelman

Jul 28, 2015, 6:13:14 PM7/28/15
to CragVFX, Polymer, jon...@gmail.com
Have you seen the stuff Vaadin has done?  They have some really nice chart/table components: http://vaadin.github.io/components-examples/v-grid/

Also, customelements.io has a bunch of other stuff besides the ones you mention.

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/c8816c01-9698-47ff-8b6f-18ef0a36b6b0%40googlegroups.com.

Richard Jones

Aug 2, 2015, 5:24:51 AM8/2/15
to Polymer, jon...@gmail.com

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 12:40:26 AM UTC+10, CragVFX wrote:
Yep, they have it on their github as a component they are planning on building, but not started yet: https://github.com/PolymerElements/paper-elements

Thanks, good to see it is at least on the planning radar.

Richard Jones

Aug 2, 2015, 5:33:25 AM8/2/15
to Polymer, crag...@gmail.com, jon...@gmail.com

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 8:13:14 AM UTC+10, Eric Bidelman wrote:
Have you seen the stuff Vaadin has done?  They have some really nice chart/table components: http://vaadin.github.io/components-examples/v-grid/

Also, customelements.io has a bunch of other stuff besides the ones you mention.

Most of those other than the two mentioned looked more like proof of concepts than something that could be used out of the box.

V-grid looks great!. No pagination, but some clever virtual scrolling and lazy loading that for a lot of use cases would provide a superior experience over pagination , although it is a bit annoying for some of my datasets with a few million rows, but pagination is often not practical there either (users almost never page more than a few pages forward, they just like the idea that they could if they wanted to). Would still prefer a polymer team solution in terms of having something that will definitely be maintained across polymer releases, but v-grid certainly looks like a pretty good option if I need something before a paper-data-table becomes available.