polymer ready chrome extension

Joe Blue

Jul 25, 2016, 5:36:05 PM7/25/16
to Polymer
i cant seem to make it work with the shop demo.

Chrome Extension:

Its very much needed to be able to see visually where your components re located on the web page. In the IDE; you have no idea because i tend to use a non nested foler layout.

Are there any other chrome extension tools to help with large polymer projects ?

Eric Bidelman

Jul 25, 2016, 7:26:25 PM7/25/16
to Joe Blue, Polymer
I have a couple of bookmarklets that highlight the custom elements used on the page:

https://gist.github.com/ebidel/fcd9d17fb285591fd9ba3b65b500ed54 - highlight continuously as new elements are added to the page.

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/d7236b49-993b-406b-8bcf-60d7070c7ff0%40googlegroups.com.

Joe Blue

Jul 26, 2016, 4:52:39 PM7/26/16
to Polymer, joeb...@gmail.com
thanks eric.

i spent a fair bit of time getting used to polymer cli today and the level of ease it gives.

1. Your snippets. How to use them on for example "shop" demo ? Sorry if i sound inexperienced but I have never used a bookmarklet. Alway used extensions, cli or vscode extensions to help.

2. I really need to be able to visualise the tree of components in a big project.
Shop example is only a few pages, but has maybe 15 to 20 components. Its normal and right it shoudl have this many, but for any real project i can easily see myself blowing up to 100'2 of components. So, there needs to be a way with the polymer-cli to do discovery of the partent child component tree. The whole point of Web Components and using HTML to describe things is to make these types of things easier.

3. I looked for VScode extensions. there is ONE and its very simple.  It seems like a great opportunity to use polymer-cli to make vscode extension. Lots of devs use vscode now, and it woudl make using Polymer mch easier i feel. It would also i think help lessen the burden for the Polymer Team, because there would be less issues that are mostly based in ignorance or bad docs. With tools, you can often find out whats going on / wrong yourself :)

Ok i have had my rant :) But i really like that the tea, has brought together the tools into one. Really nice !!!
I just need a bit more discovery tools to make real apps in a team.