How to use neon-animated-pages

Vincent Uribe

May 19, 2015, 11:21:02 AM5/19/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody!

Does anyone have a working example of a neon-animated-pages? I guess this element will replace the core-animated-pages I (heavily) used in the project I'm migrating.

I use it like that :
<neon-animated-pages id="content"  valueattr="hash">
</neon-animated-pages>

Some js...
this.$.content.selected =  'page' + value.uid;

If I put a on-selected-changed I can see the changed occurs but the transition does not occur.

Thanks!

Yvonne Yip

May 19, 2015, 9:30:36 PM5/19/15
to Vincent Uribe, polymer-dev
Hi,

The API for neon-animated-pages is quite different than core-animated-pages. Check out the documentation in the README and the elements. The demos in demo/ should be working as well.

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/8c98ab2f-018b-42e5-b77a-026cc55d0396%40googlegroups.com.

Vincent Uribe

May 20, 2015, 5:53:39 AM5/20/15
to Yvonne Yip, polymer-dev
Thanks,
I checked the doc and tried to implement it. I understand that the neon-animated-pages children have to implement NeonAnimatableBehavior but I don't get how to reproduce the core-animated-pages behavior...

francisco...@gmail.com

May 29, 2015, 7:08:33 AM5/29/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com, y...@google.com
Did you get it?

Vincent Uribe

May 29, 2015, 7:28:31 AM5/29/15
to francisco...@gmail.com, polym...@googlegroups.com, y...@google.com
I did, although I can't get animations to work even with behaviors...
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Polymer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/f2c9692d-e6ea-4d05-83c4-a70be7fcaa51%40googlegroups.com.

Kian Lavi

Jun 1, 2015, 8:06:23 PM6/1/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com, francisco...@gmail.com, y...@google.com
I would love an ELI5 on neon-animated-pages. I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how to implement it simply based on the documentation and demos.

Arthur Evans

Jun 10, 2015, 6:14:07 PM6/10/15
to Kian Lavi, polymer-dev, francisco...@gmail.com, Yvonne Yip
Sorry, what's an ELI5?

Would love to provide better documentation here, but I'm not sure what you mean.

Thanks,
Arthur

Kian Lavi

Jun 10, 2015, 6:27:06 PM6/10/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com, ki...@workpology.com, y...@google.com, francisco...@gmail.com
Sorry, ELI5 is a reddit neologism, meaning "Explain Like I'm 5" -- basically a simple walkthrough. Appreciate your help Arthur!

Hans Dulimarta

Jun 26, 2015, 12:34:59 AM6/26/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com
I cut the following snippet from one of my current projects. The following text is saved inside your-module.html

<link rel="import" href="../bower_components/neon-animation/neon-animated-pages.html">
<link rel="import" href="../bower_components/neon-animation/neon-animations.html">
<dom-module id="your-module">
  <template>
    <neon-animated-pages entry-animation="fade-in-animation" exit-animation="fade-out-animation">
      <neon-animatable>
        The first animated page goes here
      </neon-animatable>
      <neon-animatable>
        The second animated page goes here
      </neon-animatable>
    </neon-animated-pages>
  </template>
</dom-module>

andreas...@hotmail.de

Jun 26, 2015, 2:27:58 AM6/26/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com
What really confuses me about neon animations is that it seems like you need to define your animations within the custom elements? Is that right? So for example I have a grid of cards that I want to animate in from the bottom one by one, something like this:

Does this mean the animation has to be defined within that custom grid element? So meaning a) you need to have a custom element to use your animations on and b) you need to define those animations directly within the element?
That would seem quite non-destructive, meaning that whenever I'd want to change the animations we'd have to change the element itself, whereas it would be smarter to have the animations stored in an external script like animation.js, so it's easily transferable to other elements.

Am I just misunderstanding this? From the demos it seems the animations are always embedded directly in the custom element.

rher...@starsacramento.org

Jun 26, 2015, 9:31:33 AM6/26/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com, andreas...@hotmail.de
I would like to second this right here.  I can't even tell from the documentation what components work with neon-animations already, or if they even do.

Hans Dulimarta

Jun 27, 2015, 12:33:20 PM6/27/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com
I'm using the entry-animation and exit-animation attributes on the neon-animated-pages element, and it works for me.

ichil...@exgeo.com

Jul 6, 2015, 3:46:32 PM7/6/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com
+1 This needs much better documentation. https://elements.polymer-project.org/elements/neon-animation?active=neon-animated-pages explains nothing on how to use it. Going to github, the neon-animated-pages section does not tell you everything you need to do to get it working (except perhaps an explicit animation).