Help with deployment

Peter Cruz

Nov 29, 2016, 8:39:15 PM11/29/16
to polym...@googlegroups.com
Hi, im starting to learn polymer and i want to deploy the starter-kit example in apache server; i have already build the project with cli, then i tried to run the result with apache but the web explorer searches resources on http://localhost/ instead of http://localhost/my-app/ ... i have not found documentation about it....

what am i doing wrong?
is there any example or documentation on the web that i can read?

thanks in advance.

Daniel Llewellyn

Dec 12, 2016, 12:48:48 PM12/12/16
to Peter Cruz, polym...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 30 Nov 2016 at 01:39 Peter Cruz <okam...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, im starting to learn polymer and i want to deploy the starter-kit example in apache server; i have already build the project with cli, then i tried to run the result with apache but the web explorer searches resources on http://localhost/ instead of http://localhost/my-app/ ... i have not found documentation about it....

By default all paths in the starter-kit are relative to the file which includes the reference. For example all paths in components in bower_components/* will usually reference ../[component-name]/[component-name].html in any rel=import link tags. In files you edit you should also reference things correctly in their standard hierarchy. E.g. if you have a reference in index.html which includes ../ as the first element of the path then it will look in the directory above where index.html resides, e.g. / where your index.html is in /my-app/.

what am i doing wrong?
is there any example or documentation on the web that i can read?

You need to verify any paths you've added do not start with / or otherwise reference directories above the directory of your app.

Dan.