Micro-apps performance issue on collaborating

gupta.abh...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2017, 10:23:34 AM4/6/17
to Polymer
Hi

Background

We are building a suite of SPAs using Polymer, where each app can run either independently or as one single app.
Currently we are using web-component-shards for bundling in each micro app.
Currently load time of each of my application
Running each app independently is not an issue, but single app is where my actual problem starts.

Problem
  • If i bundle all the micro apps as single app my initial load time becomes very high as shared elements from all the micro apps are loaded initially and scalability of app also becomes a road block.
  • If i keep each micro app as SPA and use my main app only to route between each SPA my user has to wait 3-6 seconds every time app switches. Also, redirecting to a different html file reloads/re-registers all the elements that were already there, like paper, iron elements, Polymer.html.

What is the best way to handle this solution?

Thanks
Abhishek