how to use paper-input to show errors

Colin Cannon

Jan 27, 2016, 12:49:17 PM1/27/16
to Polymer
From reading the docs I can't figure out how to use paper-input to show errors on input.  I use iron-ajax to make a request to my server and it returns info on whether my fields were valid or not along with an error description.  How can I use polymer to update paper-input to show the errors.  Any body know of a resource that shows examples or something for a dummy like me??? please help

Karl Tiedt

Jan 27, 2016, 12:51:41 PM1/27/16
to Colin Cannon, Polymer
If you look at the demo for paper-input there are examples...

https://elements.polymer-project.org/elements/paper-input?view=demo:demo/index.html&active=paper-input

the section 'Inputs can validate automatically or on demand, and can have custom error messages' shows validation/error messages in use

-Karl Tiedt

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Colin Cannon <colin...@gmail.com> wrote:
From reading the docs I can't figure out how to use paper-input to show errors on input.  I use iron-ajax to make a request to my server and it returns info on whether my fields were valid or not along with an error description.  How can I use polymer to update paper-input to show the errors.  Any body know of a resource that shows examples or something for a dummy like me??? please help

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/ad943d32-0fc4-4f3d-bca2-602086b97090%40googlegroups.com.