Polymer 3.0 (version 3.0) status?

Jim Montgomery

Jan 8, 2018, 7:10:04 PM1/8/18
to Polymer
What is the status of Polymer version 3.0? The last related update/commit to the 3.0-preview branch is from 2017 September and I see no significant activity or documentation available more recent than 2017 September (blog, wiki, maillist, github issues, stackoverflow).

I'm a bit concerned not seeing anything in 1/4 of a year, especially as I consider adopting it in my own project. Feel free to offer suggestions or general feedback in addition to understanding where the project is at (or not going).

Karl Tiedt

Jan 8, 2018, 7:24:16 PM1/8/18
to Jim Montgomery, Polymer
The 3.0-preview channel on slack is pretty active...

On Jan 8, 2018 18:10, "Jim Montgomery" <jimmo...@gmail.com> wrote:
What is the status of Polymer version 3.0? The last related update/commit to the 3.0-preview branch is from 2017 September and I see no significant activity or documentation available more recent than 2017 September (blog, wiki, maillist, github issues, stackoverflow).

I'm a bit concerned not seeing anything in 1/4 of a year, especially as I consider adopting it in my own project. Feel free to offer suggestions or general feedback in addition to understanding where the project is at (or not going).

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/6d751548-d5c3-4256-bc5d-080b33bcc557%40googlegroups.com.

Jim Montgomery

Jan 8, 2018, 7:46:41 PM1/8/18
to Polymer
Thanks Karl, are they discussing abandoning version 3 or somehow continuing the work?
I don't have access to the polymer.slack.com channel, it appears to be a closed group and I don't know how to reach the admin.

Is there anything specific about updates, any changes, schedule, what to expect or is planned?

1/4 of a year is quite some time to go dark.

On Monday, January 8, 2018 at 4:24:16 PM UTC-8, Karl Tiedt wrote:
The 3.0-preview channel on slack is pretty active...
On Jan 8, 2018 18:10, "Jim Montgomery" <jimmo...@gmail.com> wrote:
What is the status of Polymer version 3.0? The last related update/commit to the 3.0-preview branch is from 2017 September and I see no significant activity or documentation available more recent than 2017 September (blog, wiki, maillist, github issues, stackoverflow).

I'm a bit concerned not seeing anything in 1/4 of a year, especially as I consider adopting it in my own project. Feel free to offer suggestions or general feedback in addition to understanding where the project is at (or not going).

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.

Gray Norton

Jan 8, 2018, 7:55:54 PM1/8/18
to Jim Montgomery, Polymer
Hi, Jim -

Our community page here...

...points you to this page, where you can get an invite to the Polymer Slack channel:

As Karl points out, there is quite a bit of 3.0 discussion happening on Slack, involving both community and team members.

In short, work is progressing steadily. We'll be posting a series of updates to the blog over the next couple of weeks, and we'll also begin cutting regular pre-releases.

Let us know if you have further questions!

Jim Montgomery

Jan 8, 2018, 8:09:07 PM1/8/18
to Polymer
Thanks very much Gray and Karl, I was able to join the group and the 3.0 channel.

I asked about version 3.0 and learned it's being developed in a separate 'polymer-modulizer' repo: https://github.com/Polymer/polymer-modulizer

It has commits from today--I'm relieved.

Asking about docs (and pointers for my specific case) now as well.

Jim Montgomery

Jan 8, 2018, 8:31:01 PM1/8/18
to Polymer
Additionally docs are being updated (most recent a few days ago) at: https://github.com/Polymer/docs/tree/polymer-3?files=1