polymer serve --open opens browser, but URL is empty

David Waterman

Nov 29, 2016, 6:33:42 AM11/29/16
to Polymer
Hi

I am seeing this issue with polymer serve --open where it opens a chrome window, but the URL is blank.

It actually doesn't work for other things either - eg if I just type 'http://www.sgi.com/' in a terminal window, then right click to 'Open Link', then I get the same behaviour - ie a window opens but the URL is blank, and I just get the Google Search page. I noticed a similar thing when I licked on the 'update' notice on VS Code earlier.

So, I get that this isn't an issue with anything polymer specific, but I only are about it not working with polymer, so I figured I'd ask here. I imagine it's a chrome setting somewhere, but I've looked and nothing is obvious.

Any ideas?

chrome 54.0.2840.100 64-bit on ubuntu 16.04.1

Max.