Re: [polymer-dev] Resuable components throwing error 'must use non-unique' ID's

Message has been deleted

Karl Tiedt

Dec 15, 2017, 3:00:14 PM12/15/17
to maheshr...@gmail.com, Polymer
You haven't really provided any useful information to troubleshoot this.... the link you provided is for https://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/create-amazing-password-forms which seems irrelevant to any statements in your email...

Can you link to your component that you created maybe instead?

-Karl Tiedt

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 1:57 PM, <maheshr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I created a component, in that I exported one bower component. And then I used my component in one view multiple times.

I am getting below error
   [DOM] Found 4 elements with non-unique id #search: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) .

This #search: from the bower component.

How I resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Mahesh

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/2e4a165a-2d78-409f-bb1d-3c20dacd9a9f%40googlegroups.com.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Karl Tiedt

Dec 15, 2017, 3:24:17 PM12/15/17
to maheshr...@gmail.com, Polymer
well the only thing I can offer based on your previous information is you are creating a non shadow-dom scoped element with a hard coded ID which is against HTML standards.

-Karl Tiedt

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 2:09 PM, <maheshr...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can't link to my component. But I attached a screenshot the error i am getting

Thanks,
Mahesh

On Friday, December 15, 2017 at 11:57:38 AM UTC-8, maheshr...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi All,

I created a component, in that I exported one bower component. And then I used my component in one view multiple times.

I am getting below error
   [DOM] Found 4 elements with non-unique id #search: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) .

This #search: from the bower component.

How I resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Mahesh

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.

Mahesh Reddy

Dec 15, 2017, 5:52:10 PM12/15/17
to Polymer
The input tag showing in the screenshot, is from bower component which i don't have control on it.

Thanks,
Mahesh