Commercial usage?

Tim Aksu

Feb 17, 2014, 6:10:36 AM2/17/14
to poly...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, I just wanted to clarify that we can indeed use this library in a commercial product, yes?

I have compiled Poly2Tri and am using it with one of my products that I plan to sell. I have put a license text file next to the dll. I've attached it to this message so you can all ready what it says. Is this the way to go?
License.txt

obi

Feb 17, 2014, 7:55:34 AM2/17/14
to poly...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear that you find use for poly2tri.

Yes supplying the license file will work or a mention in some credit file with a link to the homepage if you want to keep all thirdparty credits in the same place.
I just happy to see what poly2tri is used for :)

Tim Aksu

Feb 17, 2014, 8:16:52 AM2/17/14
to poly...@googlegroups.com
Ok, cool! I am using it in a tool I am creating for Untiy3D (In conjunction with the clipper library (Clipper). It is for a tool that generates a 2D navmesh for your level and then there is some code that performs path finding on the mesh. I am very happy with the results. I am using steiner points to force poly2tri to generate a 'grid' so the navgrid is more detailed. The results are pretty good. There are some problems along edges though. The polygons I provide to Poly2Tri have really long/straight segments. I need to figure out how to subdivide these segments to avoid problems along the edge. See the attached illustration!
Inline image 1

You can check out the project here

- Tim

obi

Feb 19, 2014, 2:12:49 AM2/19/14
to poly...@googlegroups.com
Looks cool!

Regarding the subdivision can't you just split the polygon edges in the middle depending on the size of the grid. You split one or more times so that the edge lines never have a width or height longer then the width or hight of a grid cell. It's might not be the optimal way by probably the easiest.