stunnel and SSL help

Ragbert

May 31, 2014, 2:50:07 AM5/31/14
to polarba...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone--

I've been trying to set up a new incoming POP3 server using SSL.  I installed sTunnel, confirmed that the server name is correct, my account username/password are correct, using port 995, checked the "use SSL Connection" box, but still can't connect to the server.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with the following polarbar.bat:

start "Polarbar Mailer"/B "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw" -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy==file://"C:/Program Files (x86)/Polarbar/java.policy" -cp .;pbm125e.zip; org.polarbar.mailer -d H:\Email\Polarbar

I'm sure I need to put some reference to stunnel in that bat file, but I'm not sure of the syntax.  Thanks for any help!

--RAG

Ragbert

May 31, 2014, 1:40:19 PM5/31/14
to polarba...@googlegroups.com
By the way, is this group still active?  I haven't seen any posts since February - has the group changed venues again?

Bob

May 31, 2014, 6:04:36 PM5/31/14
to polarba...@googlegroups.com
** Reply to message from Ragbert <ragb...@gmail.com> on Sat, 31 May 2014
10:40:19 -0700 (PDT)

> By the way, is this group still active?

It depends on what you call active.

> I haven't seen any posts since
> February - has the group changed venues again?

Not many messages posted lately but this is the correct list for your message.

> On Saturday, May 31, 2014 2:50:07 AM UTC-4, Ragbert wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone--
> >
> > I've been trying to set up a new incoming POP3 server using SSL. I
> > installed sTunnel, confirmed that the server name is correct, my account
> > username/password are correct, using port 995, checked the "use SSL
> > Connection" box, but still can't connect to the server.
> >
> > I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with the following polarbar.bat:
> >
> > start "Polarbar Mailer"/B "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw"
> > -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy==file://"C:/Program Files
> > (x86)/Polarbar/java.policy" -cp .;pbm125e.zip; org.polarbar.mailer -d
> > H:\Email\Polarbar
> >
> > I'm sure I need to put some reference to stunnel in that bat file, but I'm
> > not sure of the syntax. Thanks for any help!

I don't use windows so I can't be much help but your setup is basically the
same as mine.

--
Robert Blair

Ragbert

May 31, 2014, 6:44:34 PM5/31/14
to polarba...@googlegroups.com, polarba...@listemail.net
Whew!  Active = a little bit of digital pulse detected.  3 months of radio silence here got me worried.  :-)

I'm digging into my old Polarbar list messages from eons ago, because I think I had stunnel working on an old PC with a different email account.  I'm sure I got the correct settings from someone on the list. I do remember now that I had to edit stunnel.conf - I'll report back if I get it working or if I've given up.  Thanks, anyway, though!

--RAG