Build CI-768 - New Feature - Mailbox mapping per inbound server account

Carl Miller

Dec 23, 2019, 11:12:30 PM12/23/19
to Polarbar Mailer
This is a new feature - the ability to map all email from an inbound server to a specific folder in the current account tree. (PBM-235)

I really wanted this feature as I want to define a single Polarbar account that has a bunch of inbound email accounts but I don't want to go crazy setting up filters to keep all the new emails from winding up in the *one* inbox.This feature accomplishes that.

The rule is this - if you setup a mapping (Settings/Incoming Servers/Mailbox Mapping) for a specific inbound mail account, you can specify that after all filters have run, if the email is still going to wind up in the inbox, that email can now be directed to a specific folder of your choosing. The folder has to exist within the current account.

The changes to accomplish this were not large, but finding *where* to make them was quite challenging. I've tested it in an account that has 5 different inbound email accounts and was quite pleased with the results. Not a single email wound up in the inbox and all the mails received wound up in separate folders as defined.

If you do nothing, everything will work as before. If you setup a mapping and the folder no longer exists at the time mail is received it'll still default to the standard inbox. If you setup a mapping and don't specify a folder, it'll still wind up in the inbox.

Carl

p.s., what's funny is someone must have planned for this feature quite a while back because there was a hook already in the code to get the "default" inbox. Everything defaulted to the standard inbox but I was able to leverage this hook to assist in implementing this feature.

Carl Miller

Dec 24, 2019, 1:47:40 AM12/24/19
to Polarbar Mailer
Please note, if the Popper is visible and/or Active, it appears double fetches happen. So please be aware of this.

Carl