Build CI-771

Carl Miller

Dec 26, 2019, 12:47:23 AM12/26/19
to Polarbar Mailer
This build corrects a number of stability issues related to recent changes. Notably in the area of Popper and the unfortunate condition that would cause double fetches due to how messages are managed under the covers. Other fixes are related to the new feature of mailbox mapping (feature works nice) and a few other nits and a nasty issue with how "boolean" (radio buttons) were being dealt with in settings.

Another change in the UI is this - if Preview is open, you can no longer access Settings. If Settings is open, you can no longer run Preview. This is being done for protection against a condition that could happen where the information related to a server is no longer in sync between the two. It may be corrected later on in the future, but for now it's a limitation.

I'll also mention that if you change any portion of a server setting (doesn't matter what account) and Popper is Active and actually receiving mail, it's very likely that cycle will fail as the driver is dynamically being updated with new settings and it reacts to this condition. I may try to make this smoother in the future as well, but for now, it's really there to prevent corruption of server settings. I would recommend making Popper inactive when you're messing with settings, then click the Active checkbox again to get it restarted. I've put a bunch of effort into getting Popper to cooperate a lot more with the main window and other areas like Settings. It was really out in left field sometimes with regards to what it knew and what the rest of PBM knows....

Carl