Custom Programs

Graham Norris

Mar 21, 2016, 7:44:00 AM3/21/16
to Polarbar mailer
Has anyone managed to get the before and/or after mail receiving and sending programs to work? If so, how?

With Java 8 and Windows 7, I can produce a variety of failures: PBM stuck in receiving state (have to kill the java process to recover), exception due to null 1st argument, or getnewmessages failed. What I can't do, is get anything to run.

I've tried putting the program name in quotes (which is required these days for Program Launchers), letting PBM find the program rather than me typing the the path, specifying no path, using cmd.exe, and various ways of specifying the parms (including omitting parms altogether) but nothing works.

All I actually want it to do is touch a file in a location of my choosing (i.e. not one of PBM's directories) after each mail transmission, as part of a semi-automated backup process.