How many emails???

Carl Miller

Jul 11, 2020, 10:03:15 PM7/11/20
to Polarbar Mailer
I found this funny...

I had left an instance of PBM running on a Virtual Machine for some time and forgot all about it. When I went to do some work on that VM, it wasn't responding and I realized the disk was full. After figuring out where all the space went I found it was all in Polarbar's inbox. Wow.

The configuration wasn't set to fetch new mail only so it repeatedly downloaded the email for the account it was setup for. There was a total of 704,900 emails!!!

I wound up deleting the largest ones that freed up a couple of GB's and then realized how fast PBM still was at sorting columns in the main window. I could sort by date, by size, etc., and it responded almost immediately.

Still takes a long time to remove lots of the emails...oh well, I've since fixed the configuration :)

Carl