Polarbar character sets

Bob

Jan 27, 2014, 10:49:59 PM1/27/14
to Polarbar
I am testing Polarbar build 2264 on eCS 2.2 beta (build 2324 has other
problems). The folder window and the files window are displayed normally but
the message window displays mostly "??". I thought that Polarbar used UTF-8
for everything, is there a different character set for the message window?

--
Robert Blair

Graham Norris

Jan 28, 2014, 1:30:00 AM1/28/14
to polarba...@googlegroups.com, polarba...@listemail.net
Isn't this covered by "Character Sets" under Tools/Settings...?

Frederik L. Schodt

Jan 28, 2014, 1:56:19 PM1/28/14
to polarba...@googlegroups.com, polarba...@listemail.net
For what it's worth, I have my Polarbar character set set under Tools/Settings/character set to the attached settings, so that I can read Japanese text. Occasionally the double-byte characters are garbled, but this seems to happen only when I am replying to people with a specific, odd and mysterious setting in their mail system, and not when I am sending directly or receiving.

Frederik L. Schodt
www.jai2.com
snip.jpg

Bob

Jan 28, 2014, 2:55:40 PM1/28/14
to polarba...@googlegroups.com
** Reply to message from Graham Norris <chocola...@gmail.com> on Mon, 27
Jan 2014 22:30:00 -0800 (PST)

> Isn't this covered by "Character Sets" under Tools/Settings...?

As I read the help file this is for use by the compose-message window.

I tried it anyway and it did not change anything. The message window is still
mostly filled with question marks.