Any limits to Polarbar?

fschodt

Sep 1, 2015, 5:32:25 PM9/1/15
to Polarbar mailer
Just curious, but are there any theoretical limits to the number of messages that you can have in the Polarbar inboxes and folders?  I've been using it for many, many years now and it works great, but over the years I have also let my inbox grow quite large. I have many folders, with messages stored in them, too.

I also notice that no one has posted anything for ages.  Presumably the mail list is still active and we are all happily using good old Polarbar with no problems?  What a wonderful thing!  :-)

Fred

Bob

Sep 1, 2015, 6:57:48 PM9/1/15
to polarba...@googlegroups.com
** Reply to message from fschodt <fsc...@gmail.com> on Tue, 1 Sep 2015
14:32:25 -0700 (PDT)

> Just curious, but are there any theoretical limits to the number of
> messages that you can have in the Polarbar inboxes and folders? I've been
> using it for many, many years now and it works great, but over the years I
> have also let my inbox grow quite large. I have many folders, with messages
> stored in them, too.

I have not seen any limit. I think I had about 90,000 emails in one directory
several years ago. With large directories things get very slow at Polarbar
startup.

> I also notice that no one has posted anything for ages. Presumably the
> mail list is still active and we are all happily using good old Polarbar
> with no problems? What a wonderful thing! :-)

Mostly working without problems but I must be careful which version of Polarbar
and JAVA I use.

--
Robert Blair