is it required to renew the PMI membership every year ?

sagar s

Sep 14, 2012, 7:29:43 AM9/14/12
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm PMP certified.
Can any one please inform me, is it compulsory/optional to renew the PMI membership every year ?
If not re-newed the member ship, is it possible to register the PDU in ccr section in PMI website ?
If not re-newed the member ship, is it possible to re-new the PMP certification after the 3years cycle ( if I have 60 valid PDUs through the webinars and also as PM role )?

any one please share the information related to this.

thank you
sagar

Monica Sardana

Sep 16, 2012, 12:49:38 AM9/16/12
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I need suggestion on the same as i have seen Rita Mulachy 07 th
Edition in google.
I am planning to go for PMP Exam in the first week of November, do i
need to get a new issue of Rita or is it ok if i continue with Rita
06th Edition?

Kindly suggest on same.

-Monica

Ramesh K R

Sep 15, 2012, 4:02:07 AM9/15/12
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com
Its obvious that you need to renew the membership, since its not a life membership.
Its not too costly to renew but you may choose to not to. You can still report PDU, recertify etc etc. Membership is not linked to PMP certification at all!
If it had been it would have been unethical

sagar

Regards
Ramesh PMP®

Saravana

Sep 15, 2012, 9:11:29 PM9/15/12
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com
Yes me too have the same questions.. any of you can answer for this below questions

sagar

lalitc...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2012, 7:59:46 AM9/18/12
to pmp-cert-onli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sagar,

PMI membership has nothing to do with PMP Certification. If you are not a PMI member then also you will be able to give or continue/re-new the PMP. I would say it is beneficial to be a member as we get to know lots of pmi related activities as well we get the discount for renewing our membership.

Beneficial however not mandatory.

Thanks
Lalit Chawla, PMP
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone