[PMP] Exam key notes for quick review

ASA

Jul 2, 2011, 12:13:42 AM7/2/11
to pmi-kpc-33r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Please find attached pdf file containing key notes for PMPexam preparation.

Regards,

- Arif

Benoit Aumars PMHUB PMP Exam Notes.pdf

Sameer Sohail

Jul 2, 2011, 4:18:00 AM7/2/11
to pmi-kpc-33r...@googlegroups.com
Hi arif

thanks buddy this is a vgud file :))

Br

Sameer

Sameer Sohail

Jul 2, 2011, 11:59:39 AM7/2/11
to pmi-kpc-33r...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys

i have read Rita's book n its very gud ,easy to understand.
sameer

Usman Saleem

Jul 2, 2011, 4:26:48 PM7/2/11
to pmi-kpc-33r...@googlegroups.com

Please send me attachment

Sameer Sohail

Jul 3, 2011, 9:24:24 AM7/3/11
to pmi-kpc-33r...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Its in the CD which sir gave us during workshop.

Arif Saeed

Jul 3, 2011, 1:19:15 PM7/3/11
to PMI KPC 33rd PMP batch
Does anybody have Rita audio book? If yes please share.
I searched alot over google and torrent sites but couldn't find free
version to download.

Regards,

- Arif

On Jul 3, 6:24 pm, Sameer Sohail <sameer.sohai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Its in the CD which sir gave us during workshop.
>
> On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 1:26 AM, Usman Saleem <usman.sal...@tapaltea.com>wrote:
>

> >  Please send me attachment****
>
> > ** **
>
> > ** **

Muhammad Arif Patel

Jul 4, 2011, 5:21:22 AM7/4/11
to pmi-kpc-33r...@googlegroups.com, marif...@gmail.com
Asalam o aliqum,

everyone!
Its really nice to join this group.
I reviewed the notes of mumtaz sb,

I tried to recalculate the ETC and also EMV
got confused in there calculation
Can you share me your understanding.

I think we can make ONE topic review for ONE day!

it will help us to revise or go through for revision.
Thanks
Arif Patel

Kashif Ali Bhutto

Jul 25, 2011, 6:01:19 AM7/25/11
to pmi-kpc-33r...@googlegroups.com, marif...@gmail.com
Hello guys:

Alhumdulliah, I have cleared PMP exam :)  My results are:

Initiation: Proficient
Planning: Proficient
Executing: Moderately Proficient
M & C: Moderately Proficient
Closing: Moderately Proficient
Professional and Social Responsibility: Moderately Proficient

You won't get numerical value for your result. You will get overall PASS/FAIL and individual process group result (Proficient, Moderately Proficient, Below Proficient)

Preparation plan:
1) PMBOK in detail
2) RITA in detail (with chapter tests questions)
3) Sample test from Fastrak (scored 77%)
4) RITA 2nd time (with more emphasis on weak areas identified from the sample test)
5) PMBOK 2nd time
6) Olivers tough 175 questions (scored 76%)
7) Head first 200 Qs (scored 84%)
8 Went through all of definitions on the last day.

Leasons learned and tips:
1) Make sure you read PMBOK in DETAIL! do not skip any part.
2) Attempt all RITA questions (from book and PM Fastrack)
3) Do not try to memorize ITTOs, instead look for logic behind them.
4) Make SURE you go through definition glossary at the end of PMBOK. It is also good for reviewing everything on the last day.
5) Make SURE you know everything about Control Chart, Run Chart, Scatter Diagram, Cause and Effect, Histogram, Pareto Charts
6) Give extra attention to Risk, Scope and Quality
7) Go through ALL procurement legal terms.
8) In exam around 20% questions were straight forward rest were situational.
9) Memorize all formulas
10) I finished my test in 2:30 mins.
11) Spent 30 mins on marked questions (marked around 25)
12) Spent 1 hour on reviewing all questions (very important)
13) Last but not least, DO NOT take test lightly, study smart.

That's it! Good luck!

Kashif,

Arif Saeed

Jul 25, 2011, 6:12:41 AM7/25/11
to PMI KPC 33rd PMP batch
Congratulations Kashif :)
kindly let me know how much hours (or days) you purely spent in
preparation of PMP exam?
How was prometric centre environment? Did you take any break during 4
hours of your test?

Regards,

- Arif

On Jul 25, 3:01 pm, Kashif Ali Bhutto <kbhu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys:
>
> Alhumdulliah, I have cleared PMP exam :)  My results are:
>
> Initiation: Proficient
> Planning: Proficient
> Executing: Moderately Proficient
> M & C: Moderately Proficient
> Closing: Moderately Proficient
> Professional and Social Responsibility: Moderately Proficient
>
> You won't get numerical value for your result. You will get overall
> PASS/FAIL and individual process group result (Proficient, Moderately
> Proficient, Below Proficient)
>
> *Preparation plan*:
> 1) PMBOK in detail
> 2) RITA in detail (with chapter tests questions)
> 3) Sample test from Fastrak (scored 77%)
> 4) RITA 2nd time (with more emphasis on weak areas identified from the
> sample test)
> 5) PMBOK 2nd time
> 6) Olivers tough 175 questions (scored 76%)
> 7) Head first 200 Qs (scored 84%)
> 8 Went through all of definitions on the last day.
>
> *Leasons learned and tips:*
> 1) Make sure you read PMBOK in DETAIL! do not skip any part.
> 2) Attempt all RITA questions (from book and PM Fastrack)
> 3) Do not try to memorize ITTOs, instead look for logic behind them.
> 4) Make SURE you go through definition glossary at the end of PMBOK. It is
> also good for reviewing everything on the last day.
> 5) Make SURE you know everything about Control Chart, Run Chart, Scatter
> Diagram, Cause and Effect, Histogram, Pareto Charts
> 6) Give extra attention to Risk, Scope and Quality
> 7) Go through ALL procurement legal terms.
> 8) In exam around 20% questions were straight forward rest were situational.
> 9) Memorize all formulas
> 10) I finished my test in 2:30 mins.
> 11) Spent 30 mins on marked questions (marked around 25)
> 12) Spent 1 hour on reviewing all questions (very important)
> 13) Last but not least, DO NOT take test lightly, study smart.
>
> That's it! Good luck!
>
> Kashif,
>
> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Muhammad Arif Patel <marifpa...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Asalam o aliqum,
>
> > everyone!
> > Its really nice to join this group.
> > I reviewed the notes of mumtaz sb,
>
> > I tried to recalculate the ETC  and also EMV
> > got confused in there calculation
> > Can you share me your understanding.
>
> > I think we can make ONE topic review for ONE day!
>
> > it will help us to revise or go through for revision.
> > Thanks
> > Arif Patel
>
> > On 7/2/11, Sameer Sohail <sameer.sohai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi arif
>
> > > thanks buddy this is a vgud file :))
>
> > > Br
>
> > > Sameer

Kashif Ali Bhutto

Jul 25, 2011, 6:22:45 AM7/25/11
to pmi-kpc-33r...@googlegroups.com
Arif:

Study start date: 2nd July
Study finish date: 23rd July
Daily study hours: 5-8 (including few breaks)
Last 10 days: 8-10 (including few breaks -  took off from office)

Test Center: Environment is very good.....no kind of disturbance at all. Headgear really helped in concentrating. I took one break of 10 minutes after 3 hours.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Kashif,

ASA

Jul 25, 2011, 8:49:56 AM7/25/11
to pmi-kpc-33r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks alot.
Plase share some braindumps from your own test :)

Regards,

- Arif

Kashif Ali Bhutto

Jul 25, 2011, 8:52:32 AM7/25/11
to pmi-kpc-33r...@googlegroups.com
haha.......Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct? :p

Sameer Sohail

Jul 26, 2011, 2:37:47 AM7/26/11
to pmi-kpc-33r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kashif

Congrats ,,,where can i get the practice exams u mentioned like oliver n head start,,

Kashif Ali Bhutto

Jul 26, 2011, 4:39:16 AM7/26/11
to pmi-kpc-33r...@googlegroups.com

Sameer Sohail

Jul 26, 2011, 4:45:12 AM7/26/11
to pmi-kpc-33r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kashif

Thanks alot :)
Br
Sameer

Muhammad Arif Patel

Jul 27, 2011, 5:10:02 AM7/27/11
to pmi-kpc-33r...@googlegroups.com
Kashif,

Mubarak! for milestone with very short time achievement.

Hopefully you will keep us update your upcoming info
please also tell us your mobile number to distrub you over sms.

Thanks
Arif Patel
0301-2923429

On 7/25/11, Kashif Ali Bhutto <kbh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys:
>
> Alhumdulliah, I have cleared PMP exam :) My results are:
>
> Initiation: Proficient
> Planning: Proficient
> Executing: Moderately Proficient
> M & C: Moderately Proficient
> Closing: Moderately Proficient
> Professional and Social Responsibility: Moderately Proficient
>
> You won't get numerical value for your result. You will get overall
> PASS/FAIL and individual process group result (Proficient, Moderately
> Proficient, Below Proficient)
>

> *Preparation plan*:

> 1) PMBOK in detail
> 2) RITA in detail (with chapter tests questions)
> 3) Sample test from Fastrak (scored 77%)
> 4) RITA 2nd time (with more emphasis on weak areas identified from the
> sample test)
> 5) PMBOK 2nd time
> 6) Olivers tough 175 questions (scored 76%)
> 7) Head first 200 Qs (scored 84%)
> 8 Went through all of definitions on the last day.
>

> *Leasons learned and tips:*

Aulee

Aug 8, 2011, 2:52:29 AM8/8/11
to PMI KPC 33rd PMP batch
Congrats kashif :)

On Jul 27, 2:10 pm, Muhammad Arif Patel <marifpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Kashif,
>
> Mubarak! for milestone with very short time achievement.
>
> Hopefully you will keep us update your upcoming info
> please also tell us your mobile number to distrub you over sms.
>
> Thanks
> Arif Patel
> 0301-2923429
>
> > <marifpa...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Asalam o aliqum,
>
> >> everyone!
> >> Its really nice to join this group.
> >> I reviewed the notes of mumtaz sb,
>
> >> I tried to recalculate the ETC  and also EMV
> >> got confused in there calculation
> >> Can you share me your understanding.
>
> >> I think we can make ONE topic review for ONE day!
>
> >> it will help us to revise or go through for revision.
> >> Thanks
> >> Arif Patel

Muhammad Arif Patel

Aug 9, 2011, 3:19:08 AM8/9/11
to pmi-kpc-33r...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kashif,

Can you share any Project, which contain sample Templates or formats of all Project Processes with knowledge Areas

Will be very much thankful.

Regards
Arif

Fawad Saiyed

Aug 25, 2011, 2:19:35 PM8/25/11
to pmi-kpc-33r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys

Today I cleard the PMP exam with the following results

Initiation: Proficient
Planning: Proficient
Executing:  Proficient
M & C:  Proficient

Closing: Moderately Proficient
Professional and Social Responsibility: Moderately Proficient

Thanks & Regards;

Fawad

Muhammad Ali

Aug 26, 2011, 12:47:16 AM8/26/11