downloading spectra

Forrest Charnock

Mar 11, 2015, 8:00:20 PM3/11/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps I'm just cursed.
Now I cannot download data. When I click on the CSV button to download data, the browser just refreshes the web page. It does not download anything.
Anyone else see this? Am I doing something stupid?

Dave Stoft

Mar 12, 2015, 3:39:19 AM3/12/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
Nope, that only happens in the Mummy movies; computers just suffer from memory loss. Seriously... I think @warren has been doing some work on SWB so might be a glitch -- I have the same issue. However, you can get around it by the following (I'm on Firefox so you might have to read between the lines a bit for your environment.

1 - "hover" over the  download button you want to use -- look in the LL corner of your browser page and read the one-line popup.
2 - Notice the URL at the top
3 - Notice that the URL ends with a number for the plot you want to get the data for -- like "../spectrums/45999"
4 - Notice that the LL popup text includes an additional ".csv?raw=true" -- if you wanted the 'RAW' data
5 - So, just add this extension to the existing URL and you will get the file download popup like before
6 - Ignore any other differences between other parts of the URL vs LL popup text

Cheers,
Dave

Jeffrey Warren

Mar 19, 2015, 3:13:02 PM3/19/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com, w...@publiclab.org
Gah! I missed this as I was traveling last weekend. Can one of you file a bug on Github please? This should be a pretty easy fix and I can probably get to it tomorrow morning. Apologies!

--
Post to this group at plots-sp...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "plots-spectrometry" group.

Dave Stoft

Mar 19, 2015, 4:07:24 PM3/19/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com, w...@publiclab.org, je...@publiclab.org
Done.

Jeffrey Warren

Mar 19, 2015, 4:25:41 PM3/19/15
to Dave Stoft, plots-spe...@googlegroups.com, w...@publiclab.org
thank you!

Jeffrey Warren

Mar 19, 2015, 5:14:17 PM3/19/15
to Dave Stoft, plots-spe...@googlegroups.com, w...@publiclab.org
Fixed!!! Thank you very much for reporting.

Dave Stoft

Mar 19, 2015, 5:18:37 PM3/19/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com, dst...@gmail.com, w...@publiclab.org, je...@publiclab.org
On behalf of all, thanks. It did seems like a quick one.