cannot subtract baseline

Forrest Charnock

Jan 21, 2015, 8:20:39 PM1/21/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
For the life of me, I cannot get the baseline subtracted from the live spectrum. I click on compare, select the baseline spectrum I want, and then check "subtract from live spectrum". It sends me back to the live view, but nothing has changed.

Am I doing something wrong? Bad setting?

Terry Relph-Knight

Jan 21, 2015, 10:32:39 PM1/21/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
It may well be a Spectral Workbench bug. I still have to clear my browser cache every time I try to use SW, otherwise I can't log on at all. If you really need a result you could download the two plots you want to obtain the difference for, as CSV files, load them into a spreadsheet program and subtract one from the other.

Jeffrey Warren

Jan 22, 2015, 12:55:18 PM1/22/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all - Forrest - can you link to the spectra in question?

Terry - it's news to me that browser cache would have to be cleared *each time* -- i'm sorry you're having so much trouble! Are others experiencing that issue?

MapKnitter 2 is nearing launch. Once that's done, the comment period opens for SpectralWorkbench 2 and we'll hopefully be dramatically improving the software at that point.

Jeff

--
Post to this group at plots-sp...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "plots-spectrometry" group.

Terry Relph-Knight

Jan 22, 2015, 1:58:06 PM1/22/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Jeff, I assumed from our last exchange of emails about my problem that it was clear it was an every time thing. If all I had to do was clear the cache once I would have considered it solved.
It's a bit weird if I am the only one experiencing it, but maybe I am the only user running Firefox !?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "plots-spectrometry" group.

Forrest Charnock

Jan 22, 2015, 2:05:37 PM1/22/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
All of the spectra that have tried have failed, my own spectra and those of others. Perhaps a permissions problem with my browser? It is not simply a matter of not subtracting the baseline; I can see no comparisons at all. This is true with Firefox, Chrome, and Opera.

The cache seems to be a different issue. When I am using Chrome or Opera, the video will freeze after a short time. Clearing the cache temporarily fixes this, but after a few seconds the video freezes again. Firefox seems to be immune to this problem.

Jeffrey Warren

Jan 22, 2015, 2:43:32 PM1/22/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Forest - we really need to see a link to either a spectrum or your username so we can see your data -- we can't otherwise find it. Thanks!

Terry, let's reconnect on the w...@publiclab.org web working group list.

Forrest Charnock

Jan 22, 2015, 3:25:35 PM1/22/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
My username is ke4rjg.
Below are some of the spectra I've been playing with

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "plots-spectrometry" group.

Jeffrey Warren

Feb 11, 2015, 9:47:02 AM2/11/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
Just circling back here -- Terry, you saw the comment solicitation in my recent post? I'm going through recent urgent bugs now and have created one for your issue here: https://github.com/publiclab/spectral-workbench/issues/67

I'm going to look into it now, but may ask you for input over there. Do you have a Github account?

Jeffrey Warren

Feb 11, 2015, 9:51:31 AM2/11/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
And, thank you Forrest - I've opened an issue for your bug too; I concur with Terry, I think it's just an old feature which broke some time ago and nobody's bothered to fix it. https://github.com/publiclab/spectral-workbench/issues/68

Do you have a Github account? I'd love to figure out the best way to approach this in that issue; for example, we can def. fix the bug, but is there a broader interface redesign this could fit into and be vastly improved by?

Thank you for your patience; MapKnitter 2 is about to launch, and SW2 development is now just getting going. We have a tiny staff for programming (only me! :-P) and we're doing our best to recruit open source programmers to PL projects to scale development. If you know anyone looking to contribute to open source projects, point them this way!!!

Jeff

Jeffrey Warren

Feb 11, 2015, 10:05:44 AM2/11/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
And... I think we've got that bug, Forrest; more info in issue #68, but it'd be great to get a confirmation.

Forrest Charnock

Feb 11, 2015, 2:18:47 PM2/11/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
I am still seeing the same thing. The program makes not attempt to remove the background. I've tried flushing the cache, and both Firefox and Chrome.
FC
Message has been deleted

Terry Relph-Knight

Feb 15, 2015, 9:27:07 AM2/15/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

Do I have a  Github account? I do now.

Jeffrey Warren

Mar 5, 2015, 4:39:10 PM3/5/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
Hello Forrest and Renato -- can you take a look at the issue at https://github.com/publiclab/spectral-workbench/issues/68 if you're still having trouble, and re-open it, and we'll keep looking into it. I was able to get it to work but perhaps there are still offline-cached files we need to clear. Let's troubleshoot in Github.

Jeff

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 6:42 PM, Renato Francisco <ren...@campinas.com> wrote:
I'm having the same problem.

After choosing the spectra to compare, it just returns to live view with no change (regardless if I choose subtract or not)

[...]

Forrest Charnock

Mar 6, 2015, 6:38:44 PM3/6/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the delay. Just got back in town.

It is still not working for me.
I'm using the latest version of Firefox on Windows 7. Flushed the Firefox cache. Verified that JavaScript is activated. Even updated Java (not that that should do anything). The compare feature just does not work for me at all.

Forrest