Workshop in East Lansing, MI October 14-16

Gretchen Gehrke

Sep 19, 2016, 5:26:46 PM9/19/16
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com, publicla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks!

The amazing team developing PhotosynQ is hosting a workshop at their home base in East Lansing, Michigan this October, and have invited Public Lab community members to attend (for free!). More detailed information is provided in Greg's invitational message pasted below, but the workshop will cover a range of topics, from things like experimental design best practices to data transformation and interpretation, and will be hands-on and engaging.

If you have the opportunity to travel to it, I highly recommend it! I've included the midwest google group for those of you who may be able to most easily travel to East Lansing, and the spectrometry google group for those of you likely most familiar with the MultispeQ and spectrometry in general.

Please see the invitation from Greg (core developer of PhotosynQ) below, and feel free to get in touch with him or me.

Best,
Gretchen

From Greg:

We're inviting 2 Public Lab people to a 3 day PhotosynQ Workshop for free because, well, Public Lab is awesome!  My first thought was Gretchen but she couldn't go, so we're opening it up.  We'd love to get feedback, ideas, perspectives, and applications from active Public Lab folks on the device and platform.

The purpose of the Workshop is for participants to learn best practices, experimental design, data analysis, and hardware modification on devices in the PhotosynQ platform (www.photosynq.org) with a focus on the MultispeQ v1.0 device.  If you don't know what that is, you can learn more about it here: https://photosynq.org/buy-multispeq .  And you can see what we've been up to here:http://blog.photosynq.org/ .

PhotosynQ's goal is to create not only a large, broadly accessible (by quantity and diversity) public domain database of plant and related information, but also one which is high quality, comparable, validated, and ultimately high impact.  This conference will focus on plants and photosynthesis, but the platform has a broader range of application to other sensors as well.

See the conference details below (click on the free Public Lab ticket to sign up).
If you need a place to stay to help reduce costs, or if you just have thoughts or questions, you can email me at gr...@photosynq.org.

Looking forward to it!

Greg