New upgrade today for my spectrometer/New CCD camera module!!

David haffner sr

May 9, 2016, 3:25:33 PM5/9/16
to plots-spectrometry

I replaced the old webcam that came with the plab spectrometer kit today with a newer and far superior ccd camera module and ran a series of testing and she is working great!!

Nathan McCorkle

May 20, 2016, 3:28:40 PM5/20/16
to plots-spectrometry
That isn't a CCD... it is a CMOS imaging device... they are very
different, in that CCDs lack digitization electronics adjacent to
photopixels. This affords them higher signal-to-noise because the
digital noise from the converters is further from the analog data
source (the pixels storing charge), as well as increasing the number
of photons reaching the photosensitive region (as the converters are
generally in the optical path, for physical real-estate reasons).
> --
> Post to this group at plots-sp...@googlegroups.com

> "plots-spectrometry" group.
> email to plots-spectrome...@googlegroups.com.

-Nathan

David haffner sr

May 20, 2016, 7:12:40 PM5/20/16
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
Hey Nathan, yes, I am aware that it is not a CCD, my mistake for not paying attention but I couldn't go back and edit it once I posted it.

Thanks for pointing that out though.

Dave H

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "plots-spectrometry" group.