Spectral Workbench graphing and database update

Jeffrey Warren

Jul 21, 2015, 5:49:12 PM7/21/15
to plot...@googlegroups.com, organ...@publiclab.org, plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all - I'll be pushing out a big update to Spectral Workbench tomorrow, if all goes as planned.

Much of it will affect behind-the-scenes code, but there will be some improvements, including a tag-based calibration reference system and a hidden first-look at the new Sets page and some improvements to the new embeds.

I'd like to get this out the door before too late in the week so that I have time to troubleshoot it before the weekend. Hopefully this'll set us up for some really great progress on the new graphing system, new sets and spectrums pages, and all kinds of other goodness in coming weeks.

If you want to see everything that's changed, please check this page:

There are a LOT of changes under the hood! I'll be rebasing and merging this into master tomorrow.

Just a heads up in case there's any issues tomorrow. Please give a heads up if you'll be demoing the live site or anything in the next couple days and we can coordinate or delay the update.

Best,
Jeff & the WWG

As always, if you're interested in working on Spectral Workbench or other PL codebases, we need your help! Check out http://publiclab.org/wiki/developers and please reach out, we're friendly!